Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Flows: Auto-complete in <evaluate expression="..."/>?

I am using STS 2.3.0.RELEASE.

I am looking at the swf-booking-faces sample project that is part of the SWF distribution.

I get "Content Assist not available at the current location" when I open a flow xml file in the "Spring Web Flow XML Editor" (for example "booking-flow.xml"), edit the "expression" attribute of an "evaluate" tag and try CTRL+SPACE for content-assist.

Is this the expected behavior? It would be a major limitation (compared to the usual editing of Java code).

That is the expected behavior how should it know what to do, which beans to expose, which expression to use. It is a limitation not from STS but more or less from the XML editor shipped with eclipse.

Comment

I used the "Spring Web Flow XML Editor", not the generic Eclipse XML editor.

I would expect refactoring support and content assist for all expressions that are interpreted at runtime as references to Java classes / methods.

Comment

Which is nothing more then an extenstion to the default xml editor. As you already state they are interpreted at RUNTIME so there is no way to interpret them at design time, if that would be the case there would already be that support for JSP/JSF/XML and all other expression language builders, but alas....

Comment

It must be possible since IntelliJ does it:
          http://blogs.jetbrains.com/idea/2009...tellij-idea-8/

Comment

Working...
          X