Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes phonebook work as a portlet over birthdate?

I have manged to get both birthdate and phonebook samples to work, although trying to get the birthdate sample working in a portlet environment proved futile.

What makes the phonebook sample work in a portlet environment over the birthdate (struts integration) sample?

I had some trouble porting the birthdate sample into a portlet environment - resolving the view name involved a requestDispatcher.forward (to a struts global forward) which is illegal due to the lifecycle in Portlets.('response has been commited' error msg).

Jim

I take it you're using PR3 with Spring 1.2.1 since the PR5 release of SWF (which builds on Spring 1.2.3) temporarily dropped the portlet support. The reason being that there is still no official code base for Spring PortletMVC. This will change with Spring 1.3 so from that moment on SWF (probably version RC1) will reintroduce the Portlet support.

Anyway, I suggest you take a look at http://opensource.atlassian.com/conf...et+Integration for more information.

Furthermore, the birthdate sample uses Struts, and I'm not sure if or how Struts can be used in a Portlet environment. The phonebook sample uses a specialized Portlet flow controller based on PortletMVC iso Spring Web MVC when operating as a portlet.

Erwin

Comment

Working...
    X