• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple 'evaluate expression'

hi all...

I have a sf:ajaxEvent that is invoked 'onchange':

Code:
    <div class="input">
         <sf:ajaxEvent action="setCityAndPostalCode" event="onchange" processIds="state">

<h:selectOneMenu
    		id="state"
    		value="#{address.state}">
    		<f:selectItems value="#{backingData.states}"/>
    	</h:selectOneMenu>
         </sf:ajaxEvent>
    </div>
    In my flow I call 2 evaluate expression statements to set the citiesList and postalCode.

Code:
    <transition on="setCityAndPostalCode">
        	<evaluate expression="addressService.populateCity(address.state)" result="viewScope.citiesList"/>
        	<render fragments="createAddressForm:city"></render>
           <evaluate expression="addressService.populatePostalCode(address.state)" result="address.postalCode"/>
     	<render fragments="createAddressForm:postalCode"></render>
    </transition>
    My citiesList is being populated no problem within the form. But my postalCode is not (it's left blank). Here's my postalCode inputText:

Code:
    <ui:fragment id="postalCodeFragment">
        <div class="field">
    	<div class="label">Postal Code:</div>
    	<div class="input">
    	   <sf:clientTextValidator required="true">
    		<h:inputText id="postalCode" value="#{address.postalCode}" required="true">
    	        </h:inputText>
    	    </sf:clientTextValidator>
             </div>
         </div>
    </ui:fragment>
    Both the city and postalCode are part of the createAddressForm. Can anyone provide some insight into why my postalCode is not being populated?

thanks

hi all...

I changed my flow definition to use a comma separated list of the fragments (based on reading from the docs). But, in doing so, neither my citiesList nor the postalCode are set then...

Code:
    <transition on="setCityAndPostalCode">
        	<evaluate expression="addressService.populateCity(address.state)" result="viewScope.citiesList"/>
        	<evaluate expression="addressService.populatePostalCode(address.state)" result="address.postalCode"/>
        	<render fragments="createAddressForm:city,address:postalCode"></render>
    </transition>
    No luck so far...ideas welcome...

thanks

Comment

Recall that if an evaluate action results in false (maybe null too? I forget...), it will cancel the transition and the following actions. I would try using a set action instead:

Code:
      <set name="address.postalCode" value="addressService.populatePostalCode(address.state)"/>
      Also, I find it helpful to put all of my render actions first, that way they'll still work even if an evalute action cancels my transition.

Comment

thanks. by putting the render before the evaluate stmts it's working great.

appreciate the the help!

Comment

Working...
        X