Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with SWF 1.0.5 and Safari/531.21.10

Hi,

Getting an error in logs where SWF is confused about the state it should be in.

Have seen the error a few times now and each time it appears to be a different user but a common factor is that I've only seen it with:

"... AppleWebKit/531.21.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Safari/531.21.10"

and only the Mac version of that (which I don't have access to). Couldn't recreate with the Windows version or with Firefox.

Problem is this:

User transitions from a view state (A) to a decision state (B) and from there to a view state (C).

This must be working as they get redirected to the view associated with C.

They then submit the form in that view C but SWF acts on the form submission as if they were in state A.

org.springframework.webflow.engine.NoMatchingTrans itionException: No transition found on occurence of event 'submit' in state 'A' of flow 'my-flow' -- valid transitional criteria are array<TransitionCriteria>[[eventId = 'submitOne'], [eventId = 'submitTwo']] -- likely programmer error, check the set of TransitionCriteria for this state

Indeed, the form on the view associated with state C uses the eventId 'submit' while the view associated with state A has two forms on it each with a different eventId.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Derek

Hi,

This problem continues. It is still exclusive to Safari. In addition to the version mentioned before there has now also been one incidence with a slightly earlier version of Safari on Windows.

We have tried to recreate the error ourselves using those versions of Safari on both Mac and Windows without success.

I upped the log level for the webflow packages to DEBUG which has thrown some light on what is going on.

User goes through flow, being assigned a _flowExecutionKey (say _cABC for simplicity) and reaches an end-state. They start flow again and get a new _flowExecutionKey (say _cDEF). In the case I have been tracing the user went through the flow several times.

Having entered the flow afresh the user was in view state A so should have had form A rendered in their browser. However, the next request received was a submission from a view associated with state C.

I suppose this could happen if they multiple tabs/windows open and that this was left over from a previous execution of the flow. However, the request came with two _flowExecutionKey parameter values:

2010-01-13 20:26:25,759 [http-11100-Processor19] DEBUG org.springframework.webflow.executor.support.FlowR equestHandler - Request initiated by [ServletExternalContext@4e0124 requestParameterMap = map['_flowExecutionKey' -> array<String>['_cDEF', '_cABC'], 'emailAddress' -> '[email protected]', '_eventId_submit' -> 'Submit']]

Including the current key and a previous key.

How could that happen?

It seems to exclude the possibility of the submission coming from a form in another tab/window left over from a previous execution.

I'm including _flowExecutionKey in the forms as a hidden input field. The forms include a relative action URL that doesn't include any query params. I don't see webflow using any custom cookies.

Any one got any idea what is going on here?

Why might Safari be sending two different flowExecutionKeys?

Cheers,
    Derek

Comment

Working...
    X