Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Webflow 3.0

Hi,
    i am wondering if there will be a Spring Webflow 3 release. Using Springframework 3 and Spring Security 3 i stepped in some pitfalls using Webflow still based on 2.5.x version.
    I have seen no progress in the cvs repository lately.
    Thanks
    Dirk

+1, I'm wondering too.

Comment

Issue integrating Spring 3 and Web flow

I am having issues integrating spring 3 with web flow. Here is my stacktrace

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.security.vote.AffirmativeBased
      at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadC lass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
      at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadC lass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)
      at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoade r.java:320)
      at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Cla ss.java:2389)
      at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java :1836)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.Autow iredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.determineCandidate Constructors(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor. java:225)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.determineConstructorsFr omBeanPostProcessors(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFa ctory.java:909)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(Abst ractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:882)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAu towireCapableBeanFactory.java:479)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:450)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 90)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:222)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:287 )
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:189)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(Defaul tListableBeanFactory.java:557)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(Abstr actApplicationContext.java:842)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:416)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.c reateWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:4 43)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.c reateWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:4 59)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.i nitWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:340 )
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.i nitServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:307)
      at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.in it(HttpServletBean.java:127)
      at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.j ava:212)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServl et(StandardWrapper.java:1173)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(Stan dardWrapper.java:993)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnSta rtup(StandardContext.java:4149)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Sta ndardContext.java:4458)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInt ernal(ContainerBase.java:791)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Co ntainerBase.java:771)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Sta ndardHost.java:526)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirec tory(HostConfig.java:987)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirec tories(HostConfig.java:909)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps( HostConfig.java:495)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostC onfig.java:1206)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEv ent(HostConfig.java:314)
      at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLife cycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1053)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(Standa rdHost.java:722)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1045)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(Stan dardEngine.java:443)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Sta ndardService.java:516)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Stan dardServer.java:710)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalin a.java:583)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootst rap.java:288)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstr ap.java:413)

Comment

Looks to me like you are missing the spring security jar on your classpath.

Comment

I have all the required spring security jars. But if you don't mind, can you list the one that are needed.

Thanks,

Comment

spring-security-core-2.0.4.jar

Comment

I'm using all the jars from Spring security 3.0. Do i need to include spring-security-core 2.04.jar also in addition to the 3.0 jars?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Please stay on topic

Hi guys, please stay on topic. This is not about errors between Spring Web Flow and Springframework but rather intrest if Spring Webflow is still being developed.
                Thanks
                Dirk

Comment

No more updates?

We are also interested on whether this project is still going to be maintained and upgraded with the other projects in Spring portfolio.

Comment

I'm wondering the same thing too. Latest commit to trunk was on 06 Mar 09 and 2.0.9 branch was updated on 19 Oct 09. I guess Web Flow developers have been involving in other projects last autumn...

Comment

Also will JSF2 be supported if there will be further webflow releases?

Comment

Well, the real question is "Will there be a Spring Web Flow 3 release?"

Comment

I am also wondering about this? Keith - any plans for a Webflow 3?

Comment

Web Flow 3 Development Getting Going Now

Sorry for the lack of response here these days, I've been active in our JIRA system lately work with Juergen and his team on Spring Framework 3. But I do have good news about Web Flow -- Web Flow 3 development is starting up now, and as usual I and the rest of the developers expect to be active here through the release process.

Here's information about the Web Flow 3 roadmap so far:

--

Web Flow 3 development is beginning now, with the first milestone expected in late February 2010. Up until now, we've been focused on Spring Framework 3, where many features in that important release were actually driven by Web Flow's needs (SpEL, type conversion, validation etc). The Web Flow 3.0 final release will align with Spring Framework 3.1. We are targeting a 6 month iteration, so that means the release is targeted to be in June or July of 2010.

The roadmap consists of:

* Java 5 + Spring 3 Foundation (which includes a general ConversationManagement facility that is scheduled for Spring 3.1)
                            * POJO-based Flow Definition with deeper Spring MVC @Controller integration (what we believe will be the flagship new feature)
                            * Ability to Configure Custom FlowExecutionRepository via the webflow-config XML Namespace
                            * Improved Flow Exception Handling on Backtracking: Return to last valid Flow State
                            * Portlet 2.0 Support
                            * JSF 2.0 Support

Let me know if I can answer any other questions about Web Flow 3! Looking forward to the first mile stone and discussing it with you -

Thanks

Keith
                            Last edited by Keith Donald; Jan 22nd, 2010, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Hi Keith,

I was wondering if there are any plans for updating Spring IDE tools for Web Flow.

In my opinion, the graphical editor is a great way to understand a flow in a quick glance, but this tool is lacking some features, and I haven't seen updates for a while.

Any news?

Regards,

Figura

Comment

Working...
                              X