X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR4 and J2SE 1.3

I was pleased to learn this morning that SWF PR4 was available and that the release ensured SWF could be run with J2SE 1.3. However, after obtaining the release, I encountered an 1.3 incompatibility in the binding library:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.IllegalStateException: method initCause(Ljava/lang/ThrowableLjava/lang/Throwable; not found
    at org.springframework.binding.expression.support.Exp ressionParserUtils.getDefaultExpressionParser(Expr essionParserUtils.java:49)

I'm going to fix it, but since I'm not a developer, I can't commit it. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Let me know if there is a better way to notify the team of these issues.

Thanks and keep up the good work,
    Jason Southern

Unfortunately there are a few 1.3 issues with PR4, all centering around use of the initCause method of Exception (such a useful method but 1.4 only--don't know why I thought it was in 1.3)

We've incorporated this one and a few others. Give whats in CVS a try on 1.3 and let us know.

Keith

Comment

Keith,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll get the latest from CVS and let you know.

Regards,
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      X