Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing a flow the second time

Hi everyone,

I just registered on the forums to ask a question about SWF2.0

I'm currently fiddling about on Google App Engine to test out their neat features, and I installed a basic application with Spring, Spring Web Flow, a flow, some images, CSS and some basic navigation... After some messing about and fixing various bugs/problems, I have finally stumbled on a problem I can't seem to fix :-)

Here's the application: http://toverexpressforever.appspot.com (whats in a name, right)

The problem is:
    - I navigate to the homepage
    - I click on 'register' on the top of the page
    - This points to the "/subscription.do" page
    - It takes me to a new flow, with a starting view-state
    - This takes me to the /WEB-INF/jsp/subscription/register.jsp with has 2 basic links
    - You can go through the flow and finally come back to the homepage (/home.do)

Now comes the tricky part:
    - When I click on the same link (/subscription.do) to start the flow again, it directs me to an error page, indicating that "the /subscription request URL doesn't exist" even though I'm clicking on the /subscription.do link...

I can paste the code if necessary...

Anyone have a clue? Maybe it relates specifically to Google App Engine, because it works locally and on their specific GAE server (I guess its Jetty)

Thanks in advance!

T.

anyone have a clue? or can someone point me to other experts on the matter?

Comment

Similar problem

Hello all,

I'm working on an application with Spring WebFlow and Facelets intended to run on the Google App Engine.
      Currently I have a similar problem.

In the file in the welcome-list I have a redirect towards the flow, which is mapped to /stats/home. (/Stats is mapped to the dispatchservlet and /home points to the FlowController in the config of the SimpleUrlHandlerMapping.

My application has a very simple flow of 3 states:
      1. view-state: first
      2. view-state: second
      3. end-state: redirect

When I click through the flow I see:
      GET /stats/home -->302
      GET /stats/home -->302?jsessionid=zxcxcbzmcbz
      POST /stats/home?execution?e1s1
      GET /stats/home?execution?e1s2
      POST /stats/home?execution?e1s2
      GET /stats/intro

So my flow has ended at this point. When I do a request for /stats/home again I see

GET stats/home --> 302
      GET stats/home?execution?e1s2 --> 302
      GET stats/home --> 302
      GET stats/home --> 302
      GET stats/home --> 302

Until at some point my browser detects a endless loop.

When I remove all my cookies and request the application again, I can click through the flow once again, but only just once.

I'm wondering why the ending of the flow prohibits the execution for the second time.

I do have sessions-enabled for users in the AppEngine config.

Any suggestions are more then welcome about how to solve this.

Comment

Jep, that's exactly what I'm getting as well, you've just put it better :-)

Very weird that this only happens on Google App Engine, since it works locally on Tomcat and the Google Jetty version...

Comment

Did you find the solution? I'm having the same problem.

Comment

No solution found yet

In the last few months I haven't been working on the app for GAE anymore.
            So: No, I haven't found a problem yet.

When I get more time available for that project again, I would look at:
            • Using a different FlowExecutionRepository. (Client Side might solve this issue)
            • Implement a FlowExecutionListener to monitor all events in a flow-execution.
            • Inspect the HttpSession for any 'remaining' attributes and remove those using a Custom FlowExecutionListener.
            • Check if WebFlow 3 has been release yet and try it with that version. ;-)

Good luck and please post back any progress you make on this issue.

Comment

Working...
            X