X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOP with AbstractAction execute method

I was attempting to set up an aspect on one of the classes extending AbstractAction (SWF - package org.springframework.webflow.action) on the public final method execute.

The execute is the only public method in the interface Action class It's signature is: public abstract Event execute(RequestContext requestcontext) throws Exception;

Now I have tried to define the pointcut in the following ways but it is still not getting invoked.

(1) @After("execution(* com.tester.SampleAction.*(..))")

(2) @After("execution(public final org.springframework.webflow.execution.Event org.springframework.webflow.action.AbstractAction. execute(..))")

(3) @After("execution (public final org.springframework.webflow.execution.Event org.springframework.webflow.action.AbstractAction. *(..))")

(4) @After("execution (public final * org.springframework.webflow.action.AbstractAction. *(..))")

The execute method is defined the AbstractAction class.
    I have checked that in my Aspect class other aspects are being correctly invoked. (So there is not configuration issue from spring side). I am using the runtime weaving in Spring for AOP. ( I assume Spring would be using Java dynamic proxy for this internally since an interface exists)

Please suggest the right pointcut definition?

The first one should match, if you use the AbstractAction you might want to include + sign (meaning any subclass or implementation in case of an interface).

Also make sure you only have 1 aop:config block not multiple because then you will be proxying proxies which might cause your aspects not to match.

Comment

Working...
    X