X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow Inheritance and Custom Flow Builder

I am looking into how to add implement custom Flow Builder. It seems that you can accomplish a lot extending by extending the AbstractFlowBuilder.
    However, I do not see how you can specify that certain flow is inheriting the other flow through AbstractFlowBuilder. How would you go about implementing custom flow builder that can also specify a parent flow as a part of flow definition construction process?
    Any hint appreciated.

Flow Builder hierarchy - flawed?

After spending some time on investigating the subject, it seems that implementing custom Flow Builder based on AbstractFlowBuilder and in the same time supporting flow inheritance is not trivial.
    Flow inheritance merger code is implemented in XmlFlowModelBuilder, so unless you extend XmlFlowModelBuilder class, you will have to write your own (and duplicate existing!) merger code.
    On the other hand XmlFlowModelBuilder implements FlowModelBuilder interface but does not extend AbstractFlowBuilder or FlowModelFlowBuilder, although employs FlowModel to build a flow.
    It seems to me that merger code belong to a FlowModelFlowBuilder or even AbstractFlowBuilder class.

Comment

Hi all,
      żDoes anybody implement custom flow builder?, I need it, and I have the same problem. Would welcome any information about it.
      Thanks a lot,
      Regards

Comment

Working...
      X