Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bindAndValidate does not work within Subflows??

Greetings!

I have a form that is displayed in my parent flow, however I do some validation within a subflow,. among other things. It seems that validation fails within the subflow, but passes in my parent flow. In other words, I tested the same validation in both flows and it passes in the parent but fails in the subflow.

Is there something I must pass to my subflow to get validation to work? I am passing the form to my subflow and have done some manipulations, so that is not it. I don't know what I'm missing. Perhaps I should override bindAndValidate so it can find my form?

Curtney

I have exactly the same situation and validation works perfectly for me

Paste your relevant flows, context and jsp fragments.

Comment

Greetings.

Here are the relevant fragments:

Parent Flow:
      Code:
      addActionState (ACTION_SELECT_CATEGORY_ID, method ("getSubcategories", actionRef (CatalogAction.class)), 

new Transition[] { on ("showOnlyCategories", VIEW_ONLY_CATEGORIES_ID),

on ("showCategoriesAndProducts", VIEW_CATEGORIES_AND_PRODUCTS_ID)});

addViewState (VIEW_ONLY_CATEGORIES_ID, VIEW_ONLY_CATEGORIES,

new Transition[] {on("showCategory", ACTION_SELECT_CATEGORY_ID), 

on ("addCategory",SUB_FLOW_ADD_CATEGORY),

on ("duplicateCategory", SUB_FLOW_DUPLICATE_CATEGORY),

on ("updateCategory",SUB_FLOW_UPDATE_CATEGORY),

on ("removeCategory",SUB_FLOW_REMOVE_CATEGORY),

on ("deleteCategory",SUB_FLOW_DELETE_CATEGORY),

on (submit(), SUB_FLOW_SUBMIT_CATEGORY)});

addSubFlowState(SUB_FLOW_SUBMIT_CATEGORY, flow(SUB_FLOW_SUBMIT_CATEGORY), new BrowseCatalogFlowAttributeMapper(),

new Transition[] { on(finish(), END_IN_REDIRECT), on(error(),  ACTION_SELECT_CATEGORY_ID) });

Child Flow:

I realized that SWF "[Bind] the parameters of the last event in given request context to the given form object using given data binder." So, I commented (removed) the first state. However, that only partially fix my problem; validation works but I am unable to see my validation errors besides my form. I believe the problem lies in the fact that my subflow is not exposing the validation errors to the parent flow, where it is displayed. How do I map back the validation errors to the parent flow? Perhaps, flowScope.errors or something?

Code:
      public void buildStates() throws FlowBuilderException {
      		/*
      		//determine whether or not category should be created inline or via template
      		addActionState (METHOD, method(METHOD, actionRef(CategoryFormAction.class)),
      				new Transition[] {on (TEMPLATE,  BIND_N_VALIDATE), on (INLINE,  BIND_N_VALIDATE_INLINE)});
      		*/

addActionState (BIND_N_VALIDATE_INLINE, method (BIND_N_VALIDATE, actionRef (CategoryFormAction.class)), 
      				new Transition[] {on (success(),  SUBMIT_CATEGORY_INLINE), on (error(), ERROR) });

//creates the category inline
      		addActionState (SUBMIT_CATEGORY_INLINE, method ( SUBMIT_CATEGORY_INLINE, actionRef(CategoryFormAction.class)),
      				new Transition[] {on (success(), FINISH), on (error(), ERROR)});

addEndState(FINISH);

addEndState(ERROR);
      	}

Curtney

Comment

Solved it!

The problem (and its solution) was staring me right in the face. All I needed to do was to override 'onBindAndValidate' and set some request attribute so that my view was updated properly. The flow was fine and SWF was not the problem.

However, I have a quick question, does the following mean that you are not allowed to have any state that may potentialy generate an event between the submitting of a form and its' validation?
        Bind the parameters of the last event in given request context to the given form object using given data binder.
        Thanks in advance,

Curtney

Comment

Thats one for Keith I think

However, I do know that binding works on getLastEvent().getParameters() (lin 570 in FormAction) as oppose to getSourceEvent.

I get around this by creating an AbstractChainedAction with the following methods:

Code:
          	public final Event success(final RequestContext context) {
          		return result(SUCCESS_RESULT_EVENT_ID, context.getSourceEvent().getParameters());
          	}

public final Event error(final RequestContext context) {
          		return result(ERROR_RESULT_EVENT_ID, context.getSourceEvent().getParameters());
          	}
          so parameters are propogated.

Comment

Hmm, Erwin and I debated what was more appropriate there: lastEvent or sourceEvent. It's a tough call.

Keith

Comment

Working...
            X