Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamically load flow definitions from the registry

Hello all,
    I have been trying to find a solution for a POC that I am doing with webflow. I need to dynamically register and unregister flow definitions which are loaded during runtime. The only solutions seems to be:
    1) Create a custom registry
    2) Create an empty registry and then register/unregister FlowDefinitionHolders as needed.

What is the recommended way of solving this problem?

Thanks,
    Rick

Edit: Looks like there was a previous thread regarding the same issue (i.e. customizing the flow registry), but there was no answers to it.
    http://forum.springsource.org/showth...light=registry
    Last edited by rszeto; Aug 27th, 2009, 04:50 PM.

hi,

did you found a solution for this? i have the same problem.

thanks,
    laura

Comment

I'm trying to do this as well. I've dug through the SWF source and the IOC bean docs for Spring.
      The WebFlow FlowRegistry does not provide any method for unregistering a flow. It would seem the intention is that the registry is completely re-instantiated in the ApplicationContext if flow definitions need to be updated. Can any developers from the SWF project comment on this?

The best approach I have come up with so far is to extend the FlowRegistryFactoryBean with additional methods to retrieve flow definitions from an external source. I have not however figured out how to plug this into the IOC container so that, for instance, a new FlowRegistry bean could be instantiated on-request. This approach would also require incoming requests to be queued in the FlowHandlerMapping while the FlowRegistry is rebuilt; there does not appear to be a provision for this either.

Comments welcomed.

Comment

Working...
      X