Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phonebook sample attribute-mapper bug (preview 3)

The phonebook sample in preview 3 is busted right now, and I don't see how to fix it yet...

The seach-flow.xml file declares the following...
    Code:
    <subflow-state id="showDetails" flow="person.Detail">
        <attribute-mapper>
            <input value="$&#123;sourceEvent.parameters.id&#125;" as="id" type="long"/>
        </attribute-mapper>
        <transition on="finish" to="executeQuery"/>
        <transition on="error" to="error"/>
    </subflow-state>
    Bring up the phonebook sample, enter in any name, and click on it. You will get the following yack on your shoes :P

Code:
    org.springframework.beans.NotReadablePropertyException&#58; Invalid property 'sourceEvent.parameters.id' of bean class &#91;org.springframework.web.flow.execution.servlet.ServletEvent&#93;&#58; Bean property 'sourceEvent.parameters.id' is not readable or has an invalid getter method&#58; Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
    	org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue&#40;BeanWrapperImpl.java&#58;634&#41;
    	org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue&#40;BeanWrapperImpl.java&#58;626&#41;
    	org.springframework.binding.expression.support.BeanWrapperEvaluator.evaluate&#40;BeanWrapperEvaluator.java&#58;25&#41;
    	org.springframework.binding.support.Mapping.map&#40;Mapping.java&#58;91&#41;
    	org.springframework.binding.support.ParameterizableAttributeMapper.map&#40;ParameterizableAttributeMapper.java&#58;174&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.support.ParameterizableFlowAttributeMapper.createSubflowInput&#40;ParameterizableFlowAttributeMapper.java&#58;218&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.SubflowState.createSubflowInput&#40;SubflowState.java&#58;224&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.SubflowState.doEnter&#40;SubflowState.java&#58;198&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.State.enter&#40;State.java&#58;164&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.Transition.execute&#40;Transition.java&#58;269&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.TransitionableState.onEvent&#40;TransitionableState.java&#58;202&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.execution.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.signalEvent&#40;FlowExecutionImpl.java&#58;317&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.execution.FlowExecutionManager.onEvent&#40;FlowExecutionManager.java&#58;289&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.execution.FlowExecutionManager.onEvent&#40;FlowExecutionManager.java&#58;245&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.execution.servlet.ServletFlowExecutionManager.handle&#40;ServletFlowExecutionManager.java&#58;77&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.flow.mvc.FlowController.handleRequestInternal&#40;FlowController.java&#58;137&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest&#40;AbstractController.java&#58;128&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle&#40;SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java&#58;44&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch&#40;DispatcherServlet.java&#58;684&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService&#40;DispatcherServlet.java&#58;625&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.serviceWrapper&#40;FrameworkServlet.java&#58;386&#41;
    	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet&#40;FrameworkServlet.java&#58;346&#41;
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service&#40;HttpServlet.java&#58;689&#41;
    	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service&#40;HttpServlet.java&#58;802&#41;

Everyone runs into this. You need OGNL in your classpath :-)

This issue is fixed / clarified for PR4 (which will likely be 1.0 RC1)

Comment

Doh! I did have it in my classpath, but I didn't have the IDE set right to deploy it to the webapp...

Thanks!

What's interesting is if you search the forums for NotReadablePropertyException, you will get no results. I just did a quick search now for phonebook and I see other posts with the same problem. Searching the forums for NotReadablePropertyException won't return this post even :P

Comment

Similar issue.

Hi,

I am having a similar issue (not with the PhoneBook example though). I am using Spring 1.2.6 and SWF pr5. Please have a look at the following code.

JSP Code:
        Code:
        <spring:bind path="project.assets">
        	<select name="assets" size="6" multiple>
        	<c:forEach var="myAsset" items="${assets}">
        		<option value="<c:out value="${myAsset.id}"/>">
        			<c:out value="${myAsset.id}"/>
        		</option>
        	</c:forEach>
        	</select>
        </spring:bind>
        FormAction initBinder Code. Here I register a custom property editor.
        Code:
        	protected void initBinder(RequestContext context, DataBinder binder) {		
        		binder.registerCustomEditor(Set.class, "assets", new CustomCollectionEditor(Set.class) {
        			// converts the int id into an Asset instance, 
        			// by looking in up in the DAO
        			protected Object convertElement(Object element) {
        				Asset asset = null;
        				if (element != null) {
        					int id = new Integer((String)element);
        					asset = (Asset) projectService.getAssetById(id);
        					log.debug("Retrieved Asset (from Hibernate) with element with id:"+id+" from the formObject.");
        				}
        				return asset;
        			}
        		});
        	}
        What is annoying is that this code seems to work in the Unit Test I've written (Asset are lookup up and added to my Set<Asset> in my parent object), but not when deployed to Tomcat.

This is the stacktrace:

Code:
        org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Invalid property 'assets.name' of bean class [com.accenture.adsj.appstyles.web.core.business.bo.Project]: Bean property 'assets.name' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
        	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:372)
        	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:97)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:250)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:961)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:738)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:658)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:392)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:357)
        	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

root cause

org.springframework.beans.NotReadablePropertyException: Invalid property 'assets.name' of bean class [com.accenture.adsj.appstyles.web.core.business.bo.Project]: Bean property 'assets.name' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
        	org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:387)
        	org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.getPropertyValue(BeanWrapperImpl.java:379)
        	org.springframework.validation.BindException.getFieldValue(BindException.java:337)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.support.BindStatus.<init>(BindStatus.java:117)
        	org.springframework.web.servlet.tags.BindTag.doStartTagInternal(BindTag.java:115)
        I am not whether my problem is due to bad coding in the PropertyEditor, or if it has something to do with the Spring (or SWF) version I am using.
        I checked that OGNL (2.6.7) was in my classpath.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Nicolas

Comment

Greetings!

Code:
          org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Invalid property 'assets.name' of bean class [com.accenture.adsj.appstyles.web.core.business.bo.Project]: Bean property 'assets.name' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter?
          Check your method signature. The error says that it cannot read the following property: 'assets.name'. Does this property exists in your Project business object? Is that method 'private'? How about the spelling?

Hopes this helps,

Curtney

Comment

Hi Curtney,

Thanks for your fast answer.

No assets does _not_ exist in Project. My Project class has a Set<Asset>.

The Asset class has id, name, description as member variables. It's a private attribute, and the getters/setters are auto-generated (and are OK).
            What I don't understand is that my code doesn't even use the Asset.name property...

Thinking about it, I might have this issue because of the special binding I am trying to make. I am trying to bind the content of a multi-select list (could be a list of checkboxes as well) to a Set in my parent object (any sort of collection would be fine). I have therefore written the little binder (see the code snippet in my original posting...)...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Nicolas

Comment

Hi all,

I solved the problem. I was actually looking in the wrong place. There was another "assets.name" somewhere else in my flow (and I didn't expect it to go there, so I didn't look). My apologies for that.

There might still be something wrong with my propertyEditor... but at leat I can continue now.
              Thanks a lot for your support.

Nicolas

Comment

Working...
              X