Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flow managed persistence odd behaviour and problems

Hello,

I've got problems with flow managed persistence, but i'am really clueless how to locate my faults. First I'll list the problems/ the odd behaviour occuring.
    1. The @Service-annotated classes used for database-access via JPA (well, they have an EntittyManager with an @PersistenceContext - Annotation) need to subclass an Interface, which defines their methods, if i use the @Transactional-Annotation on one or more of the methods of the class.
      that means:
      @Service-Class + implements MethodDescribingInterface + @Transactional on method(s) works.
      @Service-Class +@Transactional on method(s) raises an methodNotFound exception.
      The Interface is not annotated and my swf-Setup is identical to the swf-booking-faces-Exampleapplication. The Interface should be of no interest to spring according to my understanding.
    2. When the Flow reaches the end-state, theres no console-output indicating, that there had been any flushing to the database, but in the example-application theres an insert and an update. In my application there are inserts preceeding the final state. I'm not sure what that means,
      but i would guess flow managed persistence is not working.
      the flow has the <persistence-context/> element
    To be honest the documentation for flow-managed persistence is quite short and not very detailed. Im unable to figure out how to annotate my methods the right way, when do i need @Transactional, @Transactional(read-only = true) or possibly no annotation at all.

Any Help would be really appreciated, im really puzzled.

Originally posted by b.knarf View Post
    Hello,

I've got problems with flow managed persistence, but i'am really clueless how to locate my faults. First I'll list the problems/ the odd behaviour occuring.
    1. The @Service-annotated classes used for database-access via JPA (well, they have an EntittyManager with an @PersistenceContext - Annotation) need to subclass an Interface, which defines their methods, if i use the @Transactional-Annotation on one or more of the methods of the class.
      that means:
      @Service-Class + implements MethodDescribingInterface + @Transactional on method(s) works.
      @Service-Class +@Transactional on method(s) raises an methodNotFound exception.
      The Interface is not annotated and my swf-Setup is identical to the swf-booking-faces-Exampleapplication. The Interface should be of no interest to spring according to my understanding.
    2. When the Flow reaches the end-state, theres no console-output indicating, that there had been any flushing to the database, but in the example-application theres an insert and an update. In my application there are inserts preceeding the final state. I'm not sure what that means,
      but i would guess flow managed persistence is not working.
      the flow has the <persistence-context/> element
    To be honest the documentation for flow-managed persistence is quite short and not very detailed. Im unable to figure out how to annotate my methods the right way, when do i need @Transactional, @Transactional(read-only = true) or possibly no annotation at all.

Any Help would be really appreciated, im really puzzled.
    When using FMPC, your service methods must be non-transactional, unless they are marked with readOnly=true. In addition, your JPA vendor must support FlushMode MANUAL.

Currently, Spring's JpaTransactionManager changes flush mode to manual if underlying jpa vendor is Hibernate, when any tx is marked as readyOnly.

Comment

Working...
    X