X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoMatchingTransitionException -- but the transition exists

I'm getting a strange error; it says that there's no matching transition. However, within the exception message, it's clear that the triggered event was "success", and "success" is one of the transitional criteria. This is with SWF Preview 3.

org.springframework.web.flow.NoMatchingTransitionE xception: No transition was matched to the event(s) signaled by the 1 action(s) that executed in this action state 'bind' of flow 'submitForApprovalFlow'; transitions must be defined to handle action result outcomes -- possible flow configuration error? Note: the eventIds signaled were: 'array['success']', while the supported set of transitional criteria for this action state is 'array['success', 'error']'
    at org.springframework.web.flow.ActionState.doEnter(A ctionState.java:382)
    at org.springframework.web.flow.State.enter(State.jav a:164)
    at org.springframework.web.flow.Transition.execute(Tr ansition.java:269)
    at org.springframework.web.flow.TransitionableState.o nEvent(TransitionableState.java:202)
    at org.springframework.web.flow.execution.impl.FlowEx ecutionImpl.signalEvent(FlowExecutionImpl.java:317 )
    at org.springframework.web.flow.execution.FlowExecuti onManager.onEvent(FlowExecutionManager.java:289)
    at org.springframework.web.flow.execution.FlowExecuti onManager.onEvent(FlowExecutionManager.java:245)
    at org.springframework.web.flow.execution.servlet.Ser vletFlowExecutionManager.handle(ServletFlowExecuti onManager.java:77)
    at org.springframework.web.flow.mvc.FlowController.ha ndleRequestInternal(FlowController.java:137)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractContro ller.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:128)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControll erHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAda pter.java:44)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:684)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doService(DispatcherServlet.java:625)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.s erviceWrapper(FrameworkServlet.java:386)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.d oPost(FrameworkServlet.java:355)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:152)

I figured out the problem. The error happened when my subflow (submitForApprovalFlow) was returning to its parent flow, and the transition names in the subflow declaration didn't match the event being returned from the subflow.

In other words, the error was mine, but the error message was incorrect and pointed to the wrong place. In fact, it claimed to happen in submitForApprovalFlow, but that flow had already ended successfully (which I confirmed by looking at the debug log). I'll submit a bug report in JIRA.

Comment

Working...
    X