Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flows, tabs and popups

Hi there,

I am currently developing an application where we have multiple tabs that fetches data from the db (richfaces tabpanel). The tabs work like filters and each tab calls the same method, but with different parameters to fetch data. After the data has been fetched, the users can operate on the data by launching non-modal pop-up windows with data from the fetched data list. The users can change the data from the pop-up windows and when they close the windows the data must be updated in the list (in the main flow).

Now, to the implementation...

Currently, each tab is a view-state in the same flow and a change from one tab to another is done with transitions. I have no end-states (nor commits) in the main flow, but the flow launches the pop-up windows by using transitions to a sub-flow in combination with javascript (not using the pop-up feature in SWF because the users want to be able to display more than one pop-up simultaneously). When the users close a pop-up, I call refresh on the persistence-context in the main flow to update the data (i use <persistence-context />).

Is this a sound architecture? I don`t like that I have no end-state in the main flow and the javascript pop-ups complicates things...

Feedback is most welcome.
Working...
X