X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banging head against wall: NoMatchingTransitionException

I keep getting the following error (NoMatchingTransitionException), and cannot figure out why.

My action-state looks like:

Code:
      <action-state id="addToPage.action">
        <action bean="loadPageAction" name="load"/>
        <action bean="checkAdminPagesAction" name="permissions">
          <property name="pagesAccessor" value="currentPageAccessor"/>
          <property name="successfulAccessor" value="accessAllowedPagesAccessor"/>
          <property name="unSuccessfulAccessor" value="accessDeniedPagesAccessor"/>
        </action>
        <action bean="lockAction" name="lock">
          <property name="pagesAccessor" value="accessAllowedPagesAccessor"/>
          <property name="successfulAccessor" value="lockedPagesAccessor"/>
          <property name="unSuccessfulAccessor" value="failedToLockPagesAccessor"/>
        </action>
        <action bean="createPagePermissionFormAction" name="create"/>
        <action bean="bindPagePermissionAction" name="bind" method="bindAndValidate"/>
        <action bean="assignPagePermissionAction">
          <property name="pagesAccessor" value="lockedPagesAccessor"/>
          <property name="successfulAccessor" value="nullAccessor"/>
          <property name="unSuccessfulAccessor" value="nullAccessor"/>
        </action>
        <transition on="success" to="doneSinglePage.action"/>
        <transition on="error" to="rollBack.action"/>
      </action-state>
    And when I step through, everything works as expected, but at the end of the process I get the following stack trace:

Code:
    13&#58;21&#58;33,984 ERROR &#91;DispatcherServlet&#93; Could not complete request org.springframework.web.flow.NoMatchingTransitionException&#58; No transition was matched to the event&#40;s&#41; signaled by the 6 action&#40;s&#41; that executed in this action state 'addToPage.action' of flow  editPermissionsFlow'; transitions must be defined to handle action result  utcomes -- possible flow configuration error? Note&#58; the eventIds signaled  ere&#58; 'array<String>&#91;'load.success', 'permissions.success', 'lock.success', create.success', 'bind.success', 'success'&#93;', while the supported set of ransitional criteria for this action state is array<TransitionCriteria>&#91;'success', 'error'&#93;' at org.springframework.web.flow.ActionState.doEnter&#40;ActionState.java&#58;382&#41;
    What am I missing?

I though webflow would ignore any events that don't have a transition mapped and go with the first one that is mapped.

Many thanks,

Colin

Ahhh

So the problem wasn't in that action-state it was actually in one further down the flow. And indeed the offending action-state didn't have the appropriate transitions.

It would have been much more helpful if the error message indicated the correct action-state though

Comment

If you set your log level to DEBUG you'll be notified in your logs what action you're executing.

Comment

Hmmm this message looks correct to me, and to me it does look like the action state above was the problem -- your transition criteria "success" or "error" didn't match one of the results of your actions... you used named actions so remember the results are QUALIFIED in that case...

Keith

Comment

The very last action is non-named, so it should work.

The giveaway was that I could step through the entire process, i.e. through that action-state and into others.

But, yes, a later action state (which I didn't post) did have a mismatch. Still the error *wasn't* in the posted action-state.

Comment

That's bizar. Looking at the code in the ActionState class I don't see how this exception could be generated for the wrong state. Could you post the complete stack trace of the exception you got?

Erwin

Comment

Can't because I fixed it

The problem was actually in the next action, the "doneSinglePage.action". That action did have a mismatch between transitions and actions.

Basically, don't believe the action state that the error message gives. Check *all* action states that can be called.

Comment

Working...
              X