Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebSphere Portal Toolkit

Hi,

I'm new to Spring WebFlow Portlet (and Spring in general).

I built the Phonebook sample (build dist.portlet) and imported phonebook-portlet.war to WebSphere, but I had many errors, most of them related to portlet.xml, and also some warnings about broken links. Does anyone know if there're any compatibility issues?

Also, is there a step by step tutorial about Spring WebFlow Portlet?

I'm not a Portlet expert so I can't really help. We don't have a 'WebSphere Portal HowTo' yet. Seems like the Portlet engines are not yet as standardized as the servlet engines, where you generally can take a simple .war, deploy it and it just works.

Erwin

Comment

I understand. Thanks.

Comment

Portlet Compatibility

I can't really speak to issues with the Spring Web Flow portlets or to WebSphere in particular, but I can discuss deploying portlets in general:

Every Portal has a unique way of deploying portlets into its framework. The portlet.xml file should be straight from the JSR-168 spec, so this should not vary. However, since portlet webapps are really webapps in a servlet container and the portal itself is a different webapp in the same servlet container, there has to be a way for the portal to talk to the portlets. This usually consists of some kind of wrapper servlet for the specific portal that needs to be added into the portlet webapp.

I just posted a new sample application for Spring Portlet MVC:
        http://opensource.atlassian.com/conf...ay/JSR168/Home

There are preconfigured versions for Pluto and for Gridsphere and a generic version that can be deployed into any portal through its normal deployment process.

Try deploying the generic one into websphere and you should get a sense for how to get Web Flow working as well.

Comment

I'll try that. Thanks.

Comment

Re: Portlet Compatibility

Originally posted by johnalewis
            I just posted a new sample application for Spring Portlet MVC:
            http://opensource.atlassian.com/conf...ay/JSR168/Home

There are preconfigured versions for Pluto and for Gridsphere and a generic version that can be deployed into any portal through its normal deployment process.
            The Pluto version worked in Jetspeed 2. Thanks.

Originally posted by johnalewis
            Try deploying the generic one into websphere and you should get a sense for how to get Web Flow working as well.
            That didn't work. WebSphere seems to be too special. I don't know.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X