X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webflow 2 - Can't get request parameter

Hopefully someone will know the answer to this very simple question (simple if you know how webflow is storing and wrapping the request object).

I have a request parameter that I want to use in an expression. It is passed the in from a page, but not stored in the formBean that is backing the page. This is because I don't care about it after it has been used. How can I get this parameter to pass it to an action class?

If you're invoking your action within the transition away from your view-state, you can pass the request parameter in directly with EL:

Code:
    <view-state id="whatever">
      <transition on="someEvent" to="anotherState">
        <evaluate expression="objectInScope.methodToInvoke(requestParameters.desiredRequestParameter)"/>
      </transition>

</view-state>
    If you're invoking the method in a separate action-state, you can either use the same EL to get the requestParameter, or you can store it in some other scope (flash, flow) in the transition of your view-state, depending on your scoping needs.

Comment

It's ok, I wirked out what I was doing wrong!

I did have the "requestParameters" call in my caode and this still wasn't working, but after a probper look at my flow config I realised what was going on.

I was trying to access the parameter in the wrong view state. I needed it in the following view state, so I had to set up a variable using the "set" element and put it into flowScope.

This seemed to do the job.

But thanks for the quick response, nice to know there are a few people using it out there!

Comment

Working...
      X