Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWF + JSF + fragment reload

Hi,
    I'm new in SWF and JSF, and I encountered a situation that I can't solve by myself. I googled arround for a few days, and I can't find any response to my problems, so I try and ask here.
    This is my problem:
    I have a Component bean that has a ComponentType (also an entity bean). Based on the ComponentType, a list of ComponentProperties are displayed.
    On the edit component page, I use a <h:selectOneMenu> to display the available ComponentTypes, and I have the onchange="submit()" attribute that submits the form to display the list of ComponentProperties based on the selected ComponentType. Until now, everything works correctly.
    The problem starts, when I decided to enhance the ComponentType select to not submit the whole page, but use ajax to rerender the page. I changed the
    onchange attribute to the following:

onchange="Spring.remoting.submitForm('componentTyp e', 'componentForm', { fragments:'messages,compTypeProperties' }); return false;"

Also, in the view-state on-render I added the
    <render fragments="messages, compTypeProperties" />
    to rerender the view.
    But, every time it rerender the page with the 'old' values !!!
    I even put log messages in the component bean setxxx() methods, and they are not called when the form is submitted by 'ajax'. What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Levi
Working...
X