SWF + JSF + fragment reload Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWF + JSF + fragment reload

I'm new in SWF and JSF, and I encountered a situation that I can't solve by myself. I googled arround for a few days, and I can't find any response to my problems, so I try and ask here.
    This is my problem:
    I have a Component bean that has a ComponentType (also an entity bean). Based on the ComponentType, a list of ComponentProperties are displayed.
    On the edit component page, I use a <h:selectOneMenu> to display the available ComponentTypes, and I have the onchange="submit()" attribute that submits the form to display the list of ComponentProperties based on the selected ComponentType. Until now, everything works correctly.
    The problem starts, when I decided to enhance the ComponentType select to not submit the whole page, but use ajax to rerender the page. I changed the
    onchange attribute to the following:

onchange="Spring.remoting.submitForm('componentTyp e', 'componentForm', { fragments:'messages,compTypeProperties' }); return false;"

Also, in the view-state on-render I added the
    <render fragments="messages, compTypeProperties" />
    to rerender the view.
    But, every time it rerender the page with the 'old' values !!!
    I even put log messages in the component bean setxxx() methods, and they are not called when the form is submitted by 'ajax'. What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,