X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breadcrumbs using Spring Web Flow

I've been using Spring MVC for some time. In my app I have a basic navigation menu that hyperlinks to different views. I always wanted to implement bread crumbs so that the user could easily take a step back in the navigation "tree" or come back to the "root menu".

After going through the Web Flow intro, my understanding is that if I move to Spring Web Flow it may be easy to implement breadcrumbs navigation because the current flow and the flow status is now available in the context. Does this make sense?

Can someone suggest how best to implement breadcrumbs navigation within the context of Spring Web Flow?

Also, is bread crumbs support already available or planned for a future release?

So far there is no out-of-the-box breadcrumb support, but as you already noticed, all information to do something like that is available.

I haven't created something like this before, so I don't really have a "best way" to go about it. One option I see is having a FlowExecutionListener that builds the breadcrumb data structure in the flow scope based on the state transitions that happen in the flow.

Erwin

Comment

Working...
    X