Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• struts adapter & HttpSessionContinuationFlowExecutionSto

Hey guys,
    am I missing something or does the struts adapter lack the possibility to use continuationsupport. I would expect it at as property of the FlowAction in the struts-action. But going through the code there is only a hook for the flowId.

Any other way to use continuations? Or do I have to subclass FlowAction?

Well, ideally, we need to add this. Maybe you could help us out here :-)

Just like flowId can be specified in the FlowActionMapping, we should allow a text encoding of the execution storage strategy: e.g "session", "sessionContinuation", or
    "clientContinuation". We can then key off those in the createFlowExecutionManager factory method of FlowAction to set the right strategy.

Comment

Im on a roll today. Just added this.

See the "storage" property of FlowActionMapping.

Comment

Thanks keith. I had already setup up everything to have a look into it but you were too fast for me.

I'll call it luck ;-)

Comment

BTW, there is another one in the row of missing struts adapter features: FlowExecutionListeners

I would implement it but I'm a little bit scared about the possibility of having multiple listeners declared in the struts-config. How does struts handle this?
          Second issue on this is the origin of the listeners. It would be quite handy to have them looked up in the application context, or?
          I would simply use the applicationcontext retrieved in the templateAction for this purpose but looking through the code I see a lot of helpers and utility methods so I am not sure if there is another (prefered) way to do so.

Greetings,
          Markus

Comment

I added a simple listener support which only can register one listener per flow. See SPR-902 in jiira.

Comment

Working...
            X