X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urls in subflows.

I've got some subflows that use GET to submit information in links. This means that I've hardcoded the URLs into the views and I can no longer use these subflows as a part of another flow that will have a different URL. Is there any way around this?

I'm a little confused. Flows aren't tied to a URL in an way--a flow controller is, but that's just a entry point to one or more flows. And you can have a single FlowController for your entire app--no one says you need one per top-level flow.

The fact a flow is used as a subflow within one flow execution is transparent to clients. This is how a single "Flow" definition can be embedded into any other flow, or used as a top-level flow.

Comment

Consider if you had the following URL in a JSP view-state within a subflow:

wizard1.html?_eventId=nextPage

Now, if I wanted to use this same flow in wizard2, I'd be out of luck.

Comment

That's not true though - what flow you're in is determined by the _flowExecutionId - not the request URL.

So you could have wizard1.html?flowExecutionId=<whatever>&eventId=<w hatever> and actually be in a wizard2 flow or some other flow entirely (or a subflow) --- which is one reason we recommend to use one flow controller for the app when possible.

I may be still missing what you're getting at...

Keith

Comment

Oh, okay, that makes total sense now. I was hung up on thinking that the URL would have to stay the same throughout the entire process; I'm not sure why. Thanks a bunch for the quick and helpful responses to both of my questions.

Comment

Working...
          X