Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faces textarea sf:clientTextValidator

Hi all,

i'm new to faces technology and i'm trying to build a form using webflow 2.0.3 / faces integration.

my problem is that if i wrap h:inputTextarea elements with sf:clientTextValidator, i get <input type="textarea" /> rendered. As far as i understand input type="textarea" makes no sense, so textareas are not supported by sf:validator

the question is - where do i fix sf:clientTextValidator to support textareas correctly?

Well, you're definitely doing something wrong if you're getting <input type="textarea"> rendered. The client side validators do not change the child component's rendering in any way. They only output the necessary Spring JavaScript code to decorate the rendered element. I just tried a quick test, and found that the clientTextValidator will in fact apply to a inputTextarea, but not with the result you likely desire. The Dojo component replaces the <textarea> with a more typical input.

What you really want is the Dojo Textarea component:
    http://api.dojotoolkit.org/jsdoc/dij....form.Textarea

But we do not have a Spring Faces tag for this yet. Open a Jira to request it if you wish. In the meantime, you could always manually decorate the rendered <textarea> with dijit.form.TextArea using Spring JavaScript directly.

Comment

I'm alson getting strange behavior with sf:clientTextvalidator around a textArea Component because after using that is render as a normal input text..

:S

what i'm doing wrong?

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Looks like the sf:clientTextValidator will render its child element as an input.

I've created a JIRA Issue: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/FACES-52

Comment

Working...
        X