Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Problem with booking-portlet-faces sample (from SWF 2.0.3 Released) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with booking-portlet-faces sample (from SWF 2.0.3 Released)

Hi !

I try to run the booking-portlet-faces sample from SWF 2.0.3 Released.

I use Tomcat 6.18 and Apache Pluto Portal 1.1.15.

I generate a war with Maven and deploy it into Tomcat without errors !

With Pluto Admin, I add the portlet to the main page.
    When the portlet is rendered , I have this error :

Code:
    javax.portlet.PortletException: Request processing failed
    	at org.springframework.web.portlet.FrameworkPortlet.processRequest(FrameworkPortlet.java:496)
    	at org.springframework.web.portlet.FrameworkPortlet.doDispatch(FrameworkPortlet.java:453)
    	at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:175)
    	at org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:208)

Caused by: org.springframework.webflow.execution.FlowExecutionException: Exception thrown in state 'intro' of flow 'view'
    	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.wrap(FlowExecutionImpl.java:568)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.pluto.internal.impl.PortletContextImpl
    	at com.sun.faces.context.FacesContextFactoryImpl.getFacesContext(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java:98)
    	at org.springframework.faces.webflow.FlowFacesContext.newInstance(FlowFacesContext.java:89)
    	at org.springframework.faces.webflow.JsfViewFactory.getView(JsfViewFactory.java:73)
    	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.doEnter(ViewState.java:189)
    Any idea on the ClassCastException: org.apache.pluto.internal.impl.PortletContextImpl ?

Thanks !!

And I have the same problem with Liferay 5.1.0 Bundled with Tomcat 6.0 :

Code:
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.liferay.portlet.PortletContextImpl 
    at com.sun.faces.context.FacesContextFactoryImpl.getFacesContext(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java:98) 
    at org.springframework.faces.webflow.FlowFacesContext.newInstance(FlowFacesContext.java:89)
    at org.springframework.faces.webflow.JsfViewFactory.getView(JsfViewFactory.java:73)
    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.doEnter(ViewState.java:189)
    at org.springframework.webflow.engine.State.enter(State.java:194)

Comment

I have run into the same issue with the Apache MyFace JSR-301 Portlet Bridge. It is still very much in the alpha stages.

The sample apps work with the JSR-301 implementation from https://jsfportletbridge.dev.java.net/.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

-Scott

Comment

Thanks for your help !

I took a look at JSF Portlet Bridge, but I don't understand how to apply it, sorry

First, I add th librairy jsf-portlet :
        Code:
        <dependency>
          <groupId>com.sun.faces.portlet</groupId>
          <artifactId>jsf-portlet</artifactId>
          <version>1.2.3</version>
          <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>
        Then I guess I have to modify portlet.xml ?
        I change
        Code:
        <portlet-class>
          org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet
        </portlet-class>
        to

Code:
        <portlet-class>com.sun.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet</portlet-class>
        And normally I have to add :
        Code:
        <init-param>
          <description>Portlet init view page</description>
          <name>com.sun.faces.portlet.INIT_VIEW</name>
          <value>?</value>
        </init-param>
        But I don't know what value I have to use

Maybe I'm complety wrong ?
        Last edited by minimarmotte; Aug 8th, 2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

All you need to do is drop the jar onto your classpath. The config should be automatic.

Comment

I did what you told me : just add the jar !
            And it works very well !!!

Thanks a lot Scott

Comment

Another Classcast Exception

Hi!

I had exactly the same problem as described above. After adding the dependency to jsf-portlet-1.2.3.jar however, I get a different ClassCastException:

Code:
              Caused by: org.springframework.webflow.execution.FlowExecutionException: Exception thrown in state 'intro' of flow 'view'
              	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.wrap(FlowExecutionImpl.java:567)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.start(FlowExecutionImpl.java:225)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.executor.FlowExecutorImpl.launchExecution(FlowExecutorImpl.java:140)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.portlet.FlowHandlerAdapter.startFlow(FlowHandlerAdapter.java:235)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.portlet.FlowHandlerAdapter.startFlow(FlowHandlerAdapter.java:228)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.portlet.FlowHandlerAdapter.handleRender(FlowHandlerAdapter.java:131)
              	at org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet.doRenderService(DispatcherPortlet.java:811)
              	at org.springframework.web.portlet.FrameworkPortlet.processRequest(FrameworkPortlet.java:483)
              	... 135 more
              Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.liferay.portlet.RenderResponseImpl
              	at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.createResponseWriter(FaceletViewHandler.java:370)
              	at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:571)
              	at org.springframework.faces.webflow.JsfView.render(JsfView.java:92)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.render(ViewState.java:257)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.doEnter(ViewState.java:190)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Flow.start(Flow.java:535)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.start(FlowExecutionImpl.java:350)
              	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.start(FlowExecutionImpl.java:221)
              	... 141 more
              19:51:27,212 ERROR [jsp:52] java.lang.ClassCastException: com.liferay.portlet.RenderResponseImpl
              	at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.createResponseWriter(FaceletViewHandler.java:370)
              	at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:233)
              	at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:121)
              	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:69)
              	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:96)
              	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:535)
              	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:472)
              	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:575)
              	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeRender(InvokerPortletImpl.java:646)
              	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.render(InvokerPortletImpl.java:414)
              	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
              	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)
              	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:337)
              	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
              I'm using spring-web-flow 2.0.4.RELEASE, Liferay 5.1.2, Maven2, OSX 10.5.
              I have left the portlet.xml and web.xml unchanged.
              Any ideas what might cause this error?

Comment

I got the same ClassCastException with Liferay Portal. Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Originally posted by psalhofer View Post
                Hi!

I had exactly the same problem as described above. After adding the dependency to jsf-portlet-1.2.3.jar however, I get a different ClassCastException:

Code:
                	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.wrap(FlowExecutionImpl.java:567)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.start(FlowExecutionImpl.java:225)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.executor.FlowExecutorImpl.launchExecution(FlowExecutorImpl.java:140)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.portlet.FlowHandlerAdapter.startFlow(FlowHandlerAdapter.java:235)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.portlet.FlowHandlerAdapter.startFlow(FlowHandlerAdapter.java:228)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.portlet.FlowHandlerAdapter.handleRender(FlowHandlerAdapter.java:131)
                	at org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet.doRenderService(DispatcherPortlet.java:811)
                	at org.springframework.web.portlet.FrameworkPortlet.processRequest(FrameworkPortlet.java:483)
                	... 135 more
                Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.liferay.portlet.RenderResponseImpl
                	at org.springframework.faces.webflow.JsfView.render(JsfView.java:92)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.render(ViewState.java:257)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.doEnter(ViewState.java:190)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Flow.start(Flow.java:535)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.start(FlowExecutionImpl.java:350)
                	at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.start(FlowExecutionImpl.java:221)
                	... 141 more
                19:51:27,212 ERROR [jsp:52] java.lang.ClassCastException: com.liferay.portlet.RenderResponseImpl
                	at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:233)
                	at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:121)
                	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:69)
                	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:96)
                	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
                	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
                	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
                	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:535)
                	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:472)
                	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:575)
                	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeRender(InvokerPortletImpl.java:646)
                	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.render(InvokerPortletImpl.java:414)
                	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
                	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)
                	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:337)
                	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
                I'm using spring-web-flow 2.0.4.RELEASE, Liferay 5.1.2, Maven2, OSX 10.5.
                I have left the portlet.xml and web.xml unchanged.
                Any ideas what might cause this error?

Comment

Working...
                X