Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWF 2.0 + JSF + JasperReports

Hello,

Right now I'm developing a software based on SWF 2.0 and JSF (Facelets).

The problems seems to generate a report using JasperReports. I've found some examples on the web of this using the previous version of SWF and (of course) using WebMVC. There is a class named JasperReportsPdfView that seems to be the right one for this purpose.

How can I do this using facelets, is there any way to render a PDF without the need to set a Model, if there isn't, is there any example on how to go from SWF Facelets to SWF Spring MVC and back from the same flow?

Thanks in advance,
    Pedro Casagrande de Campos

Hi,

I imagine that there is no easy answer for what I'm asking so I will present some alternatives that I'm testing.

The first one is about the JasperReportsPdfView, but I'm using JSF, I not sure how to go from a context to another, it doesn't seems to be best option. This option was not tested.

Other option is using a regular servlet, this solution is the easiest one, but I'm facing some difficulties on returning to the flow request, what I need is to the pdf to be downloaded using some parameter while I still on the same view-state.

A third option that I saw, is to pass a externalContext to a simple POJO method on a service class. Is there any way to write a response and then be redirected to another state. I've not tried this solution yet.

If anyone could give some directions on how to solve this problem (on how to generate a jasperreport on SWF2) I would be glad to post the entire solution here.

Thanks in advance,
    Pedro Casagrande de Campos

Comment

Working...
    X