Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change state between tabs

Hi there,

I have encountered a problem I can't solve. I am using a rich:tabPanel with rich:tab trying to load different search pages. My problem: I can't find a way to change to a different state (classic / new) when going from one tab to another. Can one of you give me a hint?

Best,

David

<rich:tabPanel>

To be more specific,

My question is simple: if I want to do some stuff before I load the tab (after press the tab and before it displayed) what is the way?

Especially, before I am moving from one tab to another I need to notify a swf flow that I am moving to a different state. So when I am in the new page the state will be synchronized.

Any idea how to do it?

David

Comment

Hi,

I wonder if you have a solution for this issue? We are in the same situation and I am looking for the solution right now. If you know the solution, please share with us. We will do the same.

Thanks,

Fanta

Comment

While I haven't tried my hand at such a scenario, I don't believe SWF (version 2.0.x, at least) is designed to support this case. I think it's designed to deal with all AJAX actions (and things like changing tabs) from within one view-state.

Are you able to trigger a transition by changing tabs? If so, you can make it an event handler (don't provide a "to" attribute or value), and invoke whatever actions you need within that transition. I think richfaces already controls updating sections of your page, but if it doesn't do this for you, you'll want to provide render actions within your ajax event handler.

Comment

When we set property action="ABC" for the tab, we could be able to recognize the tab select action on the flow with the transition
          <transition on="ABC" >
          </transition>
          Last edited by fantabk; Mar 28th, 2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X