Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the status of jquery integration?

hi all
    i heared in a previous talk that there is a community demand for jquery
    actually i think that dojo is good but too heavyweight and perhaps sloooower than jquery
    so if there is any news ,please let me know
    by the way,jquery ui provide a much nicer and really skinnable widgets...
    thanx
    joe

any comment fron the js team?
    thanx
    joe

Comment

There have been requests for jQuery, but not enough yet to drive me to set aside the time to implement it. If it's something you seriously want to see, open a Jira and we can get a more concrete idea of the demand based on the number of votes the issue receives.

As for Dojo vs. jQuery, if Dojo is used properly, it is definitely not slower than jQuery. It's query API is just as powerful and fast as jQuery's, and I personally prefer their module system to jQuery's plugin system. The widgets are completely skinnable via CSS as well, and I hear that there is a great effort being made to improve the Dojo widgets' look and feel even more in the next Dojo point release. The biggest thing that sets the Dojo widgets apart is that they are the first to be designed from the ground up with accessibility (including fully complying with the new ARIA standard) in mind, and getting that part right is what has maybe kept them from looking quite as nice as some other libraries, but I'm confident that with their solid foundation they will catch up to the other libraries in due time. And let's not forget their attention to internationalization, a robust data binding API, and in general their eagerness to ensure they play nicely with Java on the server side.

Comment

thanx for ur reply
        it's ok, i know it is not practical to maintain 2 code tree that do exactly the same thing,i prefer jQuery myself but ur reasons r good ones
        thanx
        joe

Comment

you've got my vote
          h t t p://jira.springframework.org/browse/SWF-838

Comment

Apples and oranges?

Are we talking apples and oranges here? Dojo and jQuery are completely different JavaScript libraries. Spring team integrated Dojo decoration component, right? jQuery, however, does not have a decoration component?!

I am using jQuery with various Spring modules all along!

Comment

The concept of a decoration as used in Spring JavaScript is completely generic. The same concept should be able to be applied with jQuery (and jQuery UI in the case of the ElementDecoration) as the implementation.

Comment

I've made a simple proof of the concept ajax integration http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SJS-4

Comment

Any updates?

How many votes does it take? =)

Comment

Another vote for jquery here :-)

Comment

one more vote

I've seen the work of the Filament Group before and they've always impressed me. This company is now supporting jQuery UI, which makes me want to try it.

Right know I'm using JSF/Facelets and RichFaces, but the widgets I've seen in jQuery are so far superior...

I believe the best integration approach would be to have Spring Javascipt to support it, so one more vote.

Comment

+1 for jquery integration.

Comment

jQuery integration with Spring Javascript

Count me in for the jQuery integration with Spring Javascript

Comment

+1 from me too

Comment

+1 from me too

Comment

Working...
                              X