X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Flow ID Programmically

I'm looking for a way to access the user's current Flow ID so that we can identify the sub-flow the user is in as part of a Workflow process (if the user is in FlowA, it corresponds to Step1, so that step is bolded and highlighted in the UI). I could set a static variable in the flowscope of each sub-flow, but it seems overkill just to get an ID value that should already exist somewhere.

RequestContext

hello there,

you could extend FormAction and use one is methods with RequestContext as a parameter. You can then retrieve the active flow and perform your logic.

Kris

Comment

True, context.getActiveFlow().getId() would have it. It seems this should be inherently available within the FlowScope so you could immediately access it in decision-states and views. I can work with this though... thanks!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, I tried to get the ID within the JSP directly through the request context - context.getActiveFlow().getId():

Code:
        <c:out value="${activeFlow.id}"/>
        And that doesn't return anything. I'm not even sure if that would have been an alternate approach, just thought I'd try...

Comment

Working...
        X