Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu Navigation and flowExecutionKey

Hi to all,

I am curious as to what is the "best practice" for menu type navigation pages attempt to join the existing flow.

To be more specific. I have flowA with a global-transition for event "XXX". FlowA launches a subflow flowB using a subflow-state directive (flowB is a simple reusable finder flow used from various other flows). The views rendered in flowB show the same navigation links that are also rendered in flowA views.

The navigation page used in both pages simply uses GET style requests to the current flow and attempts to navigate to event XXX, for example.

<a href="flow/k/${flowExecutionKey}?_eventId_XXX" />

FlowB does not map any transition for event "XXX". Obviously an exception will be thrown in flowB because it knows nothing about event "XXX" - nor should it. We have many reusable flows with views that are "decorated" with the same navigation webflow links as above.

What is the best approach at present for navigation links re-used across subflows?

It is as if the global-transitions should be inherited in subflows.

Thanks in advance.
    Trevor Ings

It is as if the global-transitions should be inherited in subflows.
    I agree with this. AFAIK there is a plan to build some type of flow inherit option...

Currently you have to have duplicate GT code in each flow OR duplicate view-states in each flow which then route through a 'flowRedirect:'.....unless there is something I dont know..

Comment

To understand better your actual use case when you say:

FlowB does not map any transition for event "XXX". Obviously an exception will be thrown in flowB because it knows nothing about event "XXX" - nor should it. We have many reusable flows with views that are "decorated" with the same navigation webflow links as above.
      what state does the global transition go to? If the global transition were to be inherited in sub-flows then the sub-flows would also need to have an identically named state so that the global transition would succeed.

Could you provide an example of this in simple terms instead of the generic flow A and flow B ?

Comment

Working...
      X