X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug when JSF/SWF used in portlet?

I am trying to get JSF and Spring Webflow working together in a portlet.
    I ran into problems with my first page interaction. My first page has a link that initiates a flow. What I noticed is that the FlowNavigationHandler has the following code:
    Code:
    ViewSelection selectedView = flowExecution.start(createInput(context), context);
    // set the starting view to render
    FlowExecutionHolderUtils.getFlowExecutionHolder(facesContext).setViewSelection(selectedView);
    In this process the FlowExecutionHolder is placed in the request.
    Later, during the render phase the FlowPhaseListener beforePhase goes through the following:
    Code:
    if (FlowExecutionHolderUtils.isFlowExecutionRestored(event.getFacesContext())) {
      prepareResponse(getCurrentContext(), FlowExecutionHolderUtils.getFlowExecutionHolder(event.getFacesContext()));
    }
    At this point an attempt is made to get the FlowExecutionHolder from the request. In a portlet scenario, however, the render is a separate request and the FlowExecutionHolder is no longer in the request.
    As a result the view root does not get updated with the new view.

Am I missing some special configuration to get JSF/SWF to work in portlets?
    I noticed the following issue seemed to address these problems but the resolution of the issue was "won't fix".
    http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SWF-113
    I am using JSF RI 1.2, and the portlet bridge from jsfportletbridge.dev.java.net
    I am testing in the Pluto portal.
Working...
X