X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see that our members ask for more features and i can be agree,

the point is that these new things should be explain it in detail in documentation(pdf) but furthermore of a specification, something with more details(reason of all, why use this, when,other options, consequences etc etc) and examples of course

if these information is already in the web, pls share the link, SWF in a first glance can be complicated, i learnt this powerfull tool from a book and study the examples of the distribution

i hope you see my point SWF team

thanks for your effort and time

Comment

Other interesting ideas about flow inheritance can be found here:
      http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=22940

Erwin

Comment

Internationalization (i18n) & Localization of Flows

Hi,

I would appreciate very much if there would be an improved internationalization and localization in SWF available.

Would it be possible to implement a behaviour analog to ResourceBundles, i.e. selecting a respective flow by a Locale during runtime ?

I have got something in mind like this:

Example "Order Flow" ("webflow-config.xml"):
        <flow:registry id="flowRegistry">
        <flow:location path="/WEB-INF/flows/order-flow.xml"/>
        <flow:location path="/WEB-INF/flows/order-flow_en.xml"/>
        <flow:location path="/WEB-INF/flows/order-flow_fr_CH.xml"/>
        <flow:location path="/WEB-INF/flows/order-flow_it_CH.xml"/>
        </flow:registry>

Each order-flow config file may implement different flows. According to the submitted Locale the respective flow would be called.

Please, see also my thread at: http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=41347

Thanks !

Comment

Not sure if this will be handled by Flow Composition and Inheritance, but we'd like to be able to get access to parent flow details.

e.g.

1. Launch flow A, which results in some flow scope context details being loaded, e.g. a person id.

2. Launch flow B, as a subflow to A, passing a person id in as a flow input param.

3. Now, if i want to just abandon flow B, without doing a cancel/finish, but just click somewhere on the page which might be related to flow A I can't easily do that now (I think).

When I'm in flow B, I want to still be able to render page links using context details from flow A, and then click on those links and launch a new flow C, which is a subflow from flow A.

If anyone has a neat solution to this, either using SWF 1.0, or a 'thinking outside the box' solution then i'd be interested to hear it.

Comment

We've got something fairly similar in an app I'm working on, where we have a menu which allows you to jump to any page in the top-level flow from any of the subflows.

It works by having a global transition in the subflows which catches any unhandled transitions (i.e. the events from the menu), and propagates then out to the top-level flow, which then transitions to whatever they asked for.

Each of the subflows that can be jumped out of has the following
            Code:
            <global-transitions>
                <transition on="*" to="menuNavigationState">
                    <set attribute="menuNavigationEvent" scope="conversation"  value="${lastEvent}"/>
                </transition>
            </global-transitions>

<end-state id="menuNavigationState"/>
            which saves the current event to a conversation scope variable (you could probably use an output mapper to do this, if you wanted).

The top-level flow then has a global transition which catches the "menuNavigationEvent" transition, and dispatches according to what was actually selected. What I've got below isn't how our app actually works, as we're got a navigation TargetStateResolver which does additional things like checking that you're allowed to go to the state, but conceptually it's like it.

Code:
            <global-transitions>
                <transition on="menuNavigation" to "navigationDispatchState"/>
            </global-transitions>

<decision-state>
                <if test="${conversationScope.menuNavigationEvent.id eq 'here'}" then="here"/>
                <if test="${conversationScope.menuNavigationEvent.id eq 'there'}" then="there"/>
            </decision-state>

To launch subflow C, you'd just transition to a subflow state which starts it from the navigation dispatcher.

Comment

Documentation Improvements

Originally posted by dr_pompeii View Post
              the point is that these new things should be explain it in detail in documentation(pdf) but furthermore of a specification, something with more details(reason of all, why use this, when,other options, consequences etc etc) and examples of course

if these information is already in the web, pls share the link, SWF in a first glance can be complicated,
              Consider this an investment in building the community.

Specific requests:
              1) Add more commas to the documentation - Bug request filed.
              2) Move 1.3 and 1.4 to an appendix. What do they have to do with my application? May be nice to know someday but only makes the introduction more complicated at the start and does not really add to the initial experience or understanding of how to design a Webflow application.
              3) In place of 1.3 and 1.4, put in an architectural overview of "my test application". Start with a description of a simple sample. It could be any one of the existing samples but simplify it to just show a simple set of transitions rather than the more advanced or application specific stuff in the existing samples.
              Keep the discussion at th introductory level with forward references to where the particular concept will be discussed in detail.
              4) You might want to consider using some of the graphs from the SpringEclipse plug-in. They are fairly attractive.
              5) More commentary in the sample applications is always helpful.
              6) Additional samples always appreciated.

The documentation is a much bigger problem in getting Spring and Spring WebFlow accepted than any deficiency in the functionality.
              From my limited experience and the discussion of the enhancements requested, very few of them are show stoppers that are preventing people from getting their applications working. The documentation is.

Ron

Comment

Intermediate End States

Originally posted by wshields View Post
                Intermediate End States

I really hate the term but I haven't yet thought of a better one. "Checkpoint" bears some similarity but even thats not right.
                In pattern-matching and backtracking languages (which implemented
                flow-like control of execution) these states used to be called "fences";
                once you went over/past the fence you couldn't go back.

Similarly, we could call such a thing a "fence-state".
                cheers,
                -tom

Comment

Originally posted by Goonie View Post
                  Keith, I'd like SWF to be much more sparing on the size and number of request parameters.

[snip]...

Here is why: I am implementing an web UI to a chess game. Each of the 64 fields (much more in certain chess variants) is potentially clickable, which means I really have to keep URL sizes down for the links (64 * 100 chars is already 7 kB just for the links!). Currently (without SWF), I just use the URL "?id=a4" for field a4 (6 bytes). This has kept me from introducing SWF to my project.
                  Couldn't you use a small bit of Javascript to implement this?

For example:
                  Code:
                    <script type="text/javascript">
                      function clickSquare(whichSquare) {
                        location.href="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/chessMove.spr?_flowExecutionKey=${flowExecutionKey}&_eventId=clicked&square=" + whichSquare;
                      }
                  then, within the page body create "links" for each square which just
                  call the javascript function:
                  Code:
                  <a href="javascript:clickSquare(a4)"/>
                  <a href="javascript:clickSquare(b2)"/>
                  ...etc....
                  Something like this should be doable. Good luck,
                  -tom

Comment

Oracle NCA,HTTP/HTML protocal,in Oracle java application

Hi,

I have Oralce D2K application and after login application i am opening the java application.

I did the scripting in VUgen 9.52 (Load Runner) after reply script executed successfully but BD is not getting updated and no error shown.

Kindly give solution for the same.

Regards,
                    rakesh

Comment

Working...
                    X