Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringWebFlowExceptionResolver support for SWF 1.0.x

Hi everybody,

I have finally posted an update to my SpringWebFlowExceptionResolver code with support for SWF 1.0.x. For details and to download the code, check out the JIRA issue:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SWF-158

I invite people to give it a try and provide feedback on any issues you might have with it!

And who knows... if it meets enough people's needs, maybe it will be included in a feature release of SWF.

cheers,

Sam

hey sam,
    is there an easy way to simply redirect to some non-flow error page instead of launching the defaultFlowId when an exception is caught? i'm using the latest version of SpringWebFlowExceptionResolver (1.8).

Comment

Use SimpleMappingExceptionResolver instead of SpringWebFlowExceptionResolver

Hi fadetoblack,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I was away on vacation.

Originally posted by fadetoblack View Post
      is there an easy way to simply redirect to some non-flow error page instead of launching the defaultFlowId when an exception is caught? i'm using the latest version of SpringWebFlowExceptionResolver (1.8).
      Yes, indeed. There is a much simpler way. In fact, you don't even need to bother with SpringWebFlowExceptionResolver if you just want to display an error page. This functionality comes out-of-the-box with the Spring MVC framework.

Take a look at SimpleMappingExceptionResolver, which SpringWebFlowExceptionResolver extends.

Here's a short mention of it in the reference manual: http://static.springframework.org/sp...eptionhandlers

Here's the JavaDoc: http://www.springframework.org/docs/...nResolver.html

And here's an example to get you started:

Code:
      <bean id="simpleMappingExceptionResolver" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleMappingExceptionResolver">
      	<property name="defaultErrorView" value="error/generalError" />
      	<property name="exceptionMappings">
      		<props>
      			<prop key="org.springframework.webflow.conversation.NoSuchConversationException">error/abortedWebFlowException</prop>
      		</props>
      	</property>
      </bean>
      Hope this helps,

Sam

Comment

excellent, thanks for the help!

Comment

Hi Sam,

is there any plan to make the code compatible with java 1.4 in the future ?
          Because people like me have to fight with websphere and jdk 1.4.2 @ the customers.

best regards
          lyserg

Comment

Hi Lyserg,

Originally posted by Lyserg View Post
            Because people like me have to fight with websphere and jdk 1.4.2 @ the customers.
            I originally created the code for myself, and I've been using JDK 1.5. So I naturally used the new language features (for hopefully obvious reasons ).

You are the first person to voice an interest in removing the JDK 1.5 dependency; however, I imagine there are others. Besides, if it does get merged into the SWF core, it would need to be backwards compatible.

Long story short: I'll be away on business the rest of this week, but I'll try to update the code for JDKs < 1.5 some time next week.

cheers,

Sam

Comment

SpringWebFlowExceptionResolver no longer dependent on JDK 1.5

Hi lyserg,

Originally posted by Lyserg View Post
              Hi Sam,

best regards
              lyserg
              Check out version 1.10, which I uploaded today to JIRA:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SWF-158

I think (hope) that will solve your JDK 1.4 compatibility issues. Please give it a try and let me know how it works out!

cheers,

Sam

Comment

Hi Sam,

great, i will give it a try on next week.

thanks a lot in advance

regards
                lyserg

Comment

Hi,

I was able to use this exception resolver class and it is really great.
                  However, since it does redirect - url resolver is unable to propagate exception into the model for resolved error view. At least i could not access ${exception} after this resolver was executed.
                  Does someone know how exception can be propagated? It can be useful to display errors to users sometimes, instead of just restarting the flow.

Thanks,
                  Radovan

Comment

Working...
                  X