X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action state errors

I've searched for a solution to the following problem, but was suprised to find nothing. Upon submission of my form, I bindAndValidate and everything passes. I then transition to an action-state where I interact with the business layer via a MultiAction. If my business layer transaction fails, I need to redisplay the original form with an error message (much like if validation of a field fails).

I'd like to use an Errors object in my MultiAction and add the message key. Should I instead move the method to my FormAction bean to perform the business transaction and then use the getFormErrors()? I like the idea of centralizing my business transactions in the MultiAction though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by jerkoch; Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:08 AM.

I would recommend *not* keeping your business logic inside of a SWF artifact...try and keep it as light as possible, in the same way controllers just delegate to a middle tier "service" layer, so should the Action.

Having said all of that, the FormAction is actually a MultiAction, so there is no reason you cannot add your own methods onto that.

Comment

Right, that's what I've gathered pouring over this forum. My MultiAction *is* very thin. It just groups a bunch of methods that make a single call to the service tier, then inspect the response and returns 1 of 4 possible event ids representing the direction the flow should branch. One of those directions is back to the original form with an error.

I guess moving the method into my FormAction is the way to go. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

If you do need to access the form object or the form errors check out http://static.springframework.org/sp...tAccessor.html.

To me, a FormAction is responsible for manipulating a form object therefore code which plays around with it should belong in the same FormAction....but that is just me I am not saying anything which *uses* that form object should be there, only lifecycle management stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X