Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link somewhere into a webflow

Hi there,
    I saw a couple of postings to a similiar issue but none to what I thought is an obvious challenge: In my application I have a breadcrumb menu that allows the user to jump to any of the previous steps in the wizard. Now I wonder how to create the required HREFs.
    Using the flowExecutionKey paramter and eventId I know how to trigger an event from the current state, but that's not exactly what I need. Is there a possibility to supply a state-id as parameter? Do I need to get into continuations to achieve this?

I'm using the rc3.

thanks for any feedback!
    challey

You could use continuations where each link in the breadcrumb pointed to a specific continuation that could be refreshed. So each HREF would have a unique flowExecutionKey...

You could probably also use global transitions that can be executed from any state. You'd signal an event and it'd be matched globally if it didn't match at the current state level. Sellitem shows this.

Keith

Comment

Hi Keith,
      thanks for the feedback. Regarding continuations (which I already use) I was wondering whether I have to store the flowExecutionKey of each page/view or if there's any kind of map that stores the generated flowExecutionKeys.

I also tried to use global transitions but I couldn't figure out where to put them to. Adding it to the flow xml it doesn't fit to the DTD, e.g. Where does this go to?

thanks
      challey

Code:
      <flow start-state="setupFlow">

<global-transitions>
             <transition on="navPAge1" to="page1"/>
             <transition on="navPage2" to="page2"/>
         </global-transitions>
      :
      :
      Originally posted by Keith Donald
      You could use continuations where each link in the breadcrumb pointed to a specific continuation that could be refreshed. So each HREF would have a unique flowExecutionKey...

You could probably also use global transitions that can be executed from any state. You'd signal an event and it'd be matched globally if it didn't match at the current state level. Sellitem shows this.

Keith

Comment

Working...
      X