X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow execution redirect with request parameters

I have come to the conclusion that it is not possible to do a flow execution redirect to a view that requires request parameters because the request parameters will be lost. Is this correct? Does this even make sense?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi,
    Could u figure any solution for the problem? I am also struglling with similar problem. After completion of the Flow I am doing a externalRedirect to a page which would need some information from the Flow. Is there any way to carry forward the request parameters from a flow to externalRedirects?

Comment

this is not a straight answer to your question, you can have the information in session.

I am somehow not convinced on this approach, and agree with your concern, even my flows have this issue

Comment

Yes you can pass parameters via an external redirect:

Code:
        <end-state id="finish" view="redirect:/myUrl.htm?foo=${flowScope.foo}"/>

Comment

Thanks Keith for the response. The approach you have suggested is a nice workaround. I am now able to pass the values from flow to redirected views. I'll also add my 2 cents here.
          In the scenarios where you have to pass multiple parameters (lets say foo1, foo2) to external redirects, (i.e. if the target redirect url is "myUrl.htm?foo1=value1&foo2=value2"), then the following <end-state/> configuration is not sufficient.

Code:
          <end-state id="finish" view="redirect:/myUrl.htm?foo1=${flowScope.foo1}&foo2=${flowScope.foo2}"/>
          This will actually create a "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException". This happens because the implementation class for xml.sax.XMLReader interface are not able to parse the ampersand character. To get rid of this situation, use '&amp;' in your quesry string insted of '&' character. Thus the following configuration will run as expected:
          Code:
          <end-state id="finish" view="redirect:/myUrl.htm?foo1=${flowScope.foo1}&amp;foo2=${flowScope.foo2}"/>

Comment

Working...
          X