Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSF-SWF and Spring MVC

Hi,

I am developing an application with JSF and SWF which now needs a few simple pages added that merely display some status. I would like to handle this using normal Spring-MVC tools, i.e., extend AbstractController or so to access my database and provide a model that I would then display. However, I'm not clear about how to achieve this. One way I could think of would be to define a second servlet with a different mapping, the other to write a NavigationHandler which I would chain behind the FlowNavigationHandler (which is in turn invoked by the DelegatingNavigationHandlerProxy defined in faces-config). This NavigationHandler could then dispatch to a controller and place the model returned in the FacesContext.

Are these ideas totally off the mark? Can someone recommend a solution and is there any code out there that would demonstrate something like this?

Cheers,

Alex

JSF-SWF and Spring MVC

Hi again,

sorry, I forgot to mention that the pages need to be accessible using the GET method and AFAIK the JSF navigation processing takes place only on POSTs, can someone confirm this? If that's the case, does that rule out option 2?

Cheers, Alex

Comment

Working...
    X