X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flow redirects

There aint no much of redirect info available, I have a session invalidation check and also an authorization check in each and every flow, and every single state it has.

I designed a FlowExecutionListenerAdapter class, since every state was checked for appropriate authorization, I did override on stateEntering method, I am now stuck at a point where redirecting should happen.

Some of the threads talked about an exception based redirect, which aint an appropriate solution.

I am just wondering if there is a cleaner way of handling such situations, firstly I need to determine how to redirect to appropriate flow. Secondly I need to take care of the flow in which the redirect is happening, I dont want to leave a flow in a paused state caused due to an intermediate redirect which happened for some authorization check or session invalidation.

Need your expert advice on this

Thanks
    Srini

I also have struggled/am struggling with issues like this.

I have a FlowExecutionListener that throws an exception when a user is required to login. I have a StateExceptionHandler that sends the user to a login state like this

Code:
        public ViewSelection handle(StateException exception, FlowExecutionControlContext context) {
            return context.signalEvent(new Event(this, "login"));
        }
    I don't really like this because I don't like driving flow execution using exceptions. Also, I have not found a good way to bring the user back to where they were going after a successful login. Right now I'm storing the state that they were to enter in the flow scope and using that to redirect after login

Code:
    <transition on="finish" to="${flowScope.afterLoginState}"/>
    This works as long as there are no request parameters with the request.

Comment

Working...
    X