Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Accessing HttpRequest/HttpSession object as well as instantiate form-bean Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing HttpRequest/HttpSession object as well as instantiate form-bean

Hi,
    I have a requirement as follows:
    Before the first pg of the wizard opens up, i hv to retrieve some data from the database & store in a Form bean. Data in this bean should be displayed on first pg. To make the database call, i need access to HttpSession object as i hv to retrieve third-party application specific Context object.

Basically i need a class similar to 'Action' class in Struts where in i can access HttpRequest object & also instantiate a Form Bean object at the same time so that it can be populated with query data.

How do i achieve this using SWF?

I went through sample applications...none of them do any processing before loading the first pg.

Would appreciate if anyone could help?

Thanks
    Arvind.

Actually most all of the samples do processing before loading the first page. Just look at sellitem - it calls a 'setupForm' method on a FormAction which sets up the "form backing object" for the wizard UI.

You can also access the session by accessing the ExternalContext from an Action method. See the reference manual for more information.

Keith

Comment

Working...
    X