Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Web Flow & JSF integration

hi all,

i'm trying to integrate swf to our jsf project. samples' readme doc says that, sellitem project requires JDK 5.0.

is this requirement special to that sellitem project or do i need JDK 5.0 to integrate webflow rc2 with jsf.

i have created a new webflow app with my jsf environment to see the answer. But, when i clicked a link that "flow"s me another page, i got the following warning and not redirected;

org.springframework.webflow.execution.repository.c onversation.impl.ConversationLockFactory createLock
    WARNING: Unable to enable conversation locking. Switch to Java 5 or above, or put the 'util.concurrent' package on the classpath to enable locking in your environment.

my config;
    jdk1.4, jsf1.1, jsp2.0, tomcat5.0...

thanks..

i just tried my swf+jsf project with jdk1.5. But it hangs when i clicked the same link i have mentioned at the former entry.

the last console out i see is;
    org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
    INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory defining beans []; parent: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory defining beans [flowLocator,saleProcessor,saleValidator]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy]

don't you think swf community need a step by step jsf integration tutorial? i can not find anything like this on the web. if you have such a help or link, please provide here..

thanks..

Comment

Spring Web Flow runs on JDK 1.3 or >. Sellitem simply requires JDK 5 because it shows some JDK 5 features.

Now with that said you still need Doug Lea's concurrent library in your classpath if you're using JDK 1.3 or 1.4 to get proper conversation locking. But that's just a warning issued...

I recommend looking a little closer--something is going wrong somewhere (perhaps the JSF implementation is masking an exception)

Keith

Comment

hi keith,

thanks for replies.. i have found the problem source finally... it raises from the faces-servlet mappings.. in my project, i am using faces-servlet mappings as below;
        Code:
         <servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
          <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
         </servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>
          <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
         </servlet-mapping>
        in this case, my flow.xml document is not directing to my views.. i have tried my flow.xml viewIDs as;
        Code:
        <view-state id="enterItemData" view="/faces/entryPage">
        or
        Code:
        <view-state id="enterItemData" view="/entryPage">
        but none of them works.. just hangs my web app like infinite loop..

it works only when the servlet mapping as;
        Code:
         <servlet-mapping>
          <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
         </servlet-mapping>
        now.. i have two questions if you don't mind..

1-) don't you think, this is a issue to resolve??
        For example, my faces-config.xml contains only page names to navigate between pages. When my index.jsp page redirected it to a /faces/xxx.jsp, it only looks for those navigation pages under "/faces/" path after that.. but as i understand, flow.xml not works this way.

2-) in this case how can i apply my "/faces/" mapping? should i write my custom flownavigationhandler?

thanks for interest..

hasan

Comment

Working...
        X