Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem building 1.0-rc3 samples

Hi all,

I have just downloaded the 1.0-rc3 (latest version in sourceforge.net) but I'm having problems when I want to build samples.
    I went to the root directory of a sample (eg. birthdate) and ran "ant dist". Everything is ok till the end of the build when I have an error on the servlet-api. jar file:
    Code:
    compile.source:
         [echo] compiling main sources
        [javac] Compiling 3 source files to D:\downloads\spring-webflow-1.0-rc3\spring-webflow-1.0-rc3\projects\spring-webflow\spring-webflow-samples\birthdate\target\classes
        [javac] error: error reading D:\downloads\spring-webflow-1.0-rc3\spring-webflow-1.0-rc3\projects\spring-webflow\spring-webflow-samples\birthdate\lib\buildtime\servlet-api.jar; error in opening zip file
        [javac] 1 error

BUILD FAILED
    I have the same problem with the other samples. What I have noted is that servlet-api-2.4.jar in the repository directory is about 100 Kb, but servlet-api.jar in the lib/buildtime directory is just 4 Kb !

Any idea ?

Xand

That is weird. Never seen that before.

Can you confirm the version if ivy that is being used?

Keith

Comment

Indeed this is weird! I had no problem to build samples from SWF 1.0-rc1

Ivy version: Ivy 1.3.1 - 20060330160721

I really need this to work because I'm migrating a project from 1.0-rc1 to 1.0-rc3

Do I have to reinstall something?

Xand

Comment

Try this in this order:
        - do a ant clean-all
        - clean out your $user.home/.ivy dir
        - do a ant dist

if that doesnt work try extracting release to another directory, preferably one closer to the root in case long directory paths are the issue.

Keith

Comment

Solved !!!
          Thanks for your help Keith

The problem was that ivy retrieved jar files from its cache dir :$user.home/.ivy/cache. And the servlet-api-2.4.jar file in this dir was broken (I don't know why) !

So as you suggested I cleaned the $user.home/.ivy dir, Ivy took the good files, put them in its cache dir, and now build is ok

Xand

Comment

Working...
          X