Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Problem building 1.0-rc3 samples Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problem building 1.0-rc3 samples

    Hi all,

    I have just downloaded the 1.0-rc3 (latest version in sourceforge.net) but I'm having problems when I want to build samples.
    I went to the root directory of a sample (eg. birthdate) and ran "ant dist". Everything is ok till the end of the build when I have an error on the servlet-api. jar file:
    Code:
    ...
    compile.source:
         [echo] compiling main sources
        [javac] Compiling 3 source files to D:\downloads\spring-webflow-1.0-rc3\spring-webflow-1.0-rc3\projects\spring-webflow\spring-webflow-samples\birthdate\target\classes
        [javac] error: error reading D:\downloads\spring-webflow-1.0-rc3\spring-webflow-1.0-rc3\projects\spring-webflow\spring-webflow-samples\birthdate\lib\buildtime\servlet-api.jar; error in opening zip file
        [javac] 1 error
    
    BUILD FAILED
    I have the same problem with the other samples. What I have noted is that servlet-api-2.4.jar in the repository directory is about 100 Kb, but servlet-api.jar in the lib/buildtime directory is just 4 Kb !

    Any idea ?

    Xand

  • #2
    That is weird. Never seen that before.

    Can you confirm the version if ivy that is being used?

    Keith

    Comment


    • #3
      Indeed this is weird! I had no problem to build samples from SWF 1.0-rc1

      Ivy version: Ivy 1.3.1 - 20060330160721

      I really need this to work because I'm migrating a project from 1.0-rc1 to 1.0-rc3

      Do I have to reinstall something?

      Xand

      Comment


      • #4
        Try this in this order:
        - do a ant clean-all
        - clean out your $user.home/.ivy dir
        - do a ant dist

        if that doesnt work try extracting release to another directory, preferably one closer to the root in case long directory paths are the issue.

        Keith

        Comment


        • #5
          Solved !!!
          Thanks for your help Keith

          The problem was that ivy retrieved jar files from its cache dir :$user.home/.ivy/cache. And the servlet-api-2.4.jar file in this dir was broken (I don't know why) !

          So as you suggested I cleaned the $user.home/.ivy dir, Ivy took the good files, put them in its cache dir, and now build is ok

          Xand

          Comment

          Working...
          X