X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling errors during JSF rendering

I have a requirement to ensure that any error while executing a webflow + jsf request is correctly handled.

I'm trying to handle errors at two different levels: webflow or web container (error page in web.xml).

The idea is to maximize the handling at webflow context. A this point, I'm struggling with a specific kind of error:

- the page has a form that requires miscellaneous data to be loaded, mainly combo boxes, check boxes or radio boxes.
    - this data is obtained from services that in turn get it from the database.
    - the service is being directly called using EL on the select,checkbox or radiobox tags.

The actions are called on the services at the flow definition. In this case, error handling is working fine at webflow level.

The problem is that if an error occurs while loading combo boxes values. I'll be investigating this further next week, but I would like to ask if anyone can give me some comments on:

- calling service directly at tags versus calling them on the flow (on-entry or on-render)
    - webflow support for handling error on jsf view

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X