X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Project with Web-Flow

I am trying to build a sample web-flow project based on the one from the book "Expert Spring MVS and Web Flow" but I am getting the following error as my project starts.

2012-07-18 12:45:01,253 [http-8080-1] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory - Ignoring bean class loading failure for bean '/purchase.htm'
    org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanCl assException: Cannot find class [org.springframework.webflow.manager.mvc.FlowContro ller] for bean with name '/purchase.htm' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring-servlet.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.webflow.manager.mvc.FlowContro ller

does anyone know any easyer example to learn//

Just one question do you have Expert Spring MVC or Pro Spring MVC? Because that matters greatly. As the author of the latter I was looking into this (together with Koen) however we don't have a spring-servlet.xml nor a bean with the name /purchase.htm.

However the error you seem to have indicates that there is a missing dependency for webflow (maybe it doesn't get deployed properly).
    Last edited by Marten Deinum; Jul 19th, 2012, 02:25 AM.

Comment

yes.. I am doing the sample from CHAPTER
      11 and 12...

Comment

Could you answer which book you have... Because that greatly matters, as mentioned in the previous post in our book (the Pro one) there is no spring-servlet.xml nor any purchase.htm named bean.

Comment

Expert Spring MVS and Web Flow

Comment

Ok, that at least lowers my stress level , however you still have the problem. (I now nothing about the samples shipped with Expert Spring MVC as I did Pro Spring MVC the new book).

Make sure that you have added the webflow jar files to the project and that the project is build and deployed correctly.

Comment

thanks marten.. As you can see I am the Staten Island Java Group leader.. anyway to get a "NOT FOR RESALE" PDF version

Comment

For that you would have to contact the publisher that is out-of-my-hands . Maybe you can trade-in/swap your Expert Spring MVC version for the new one, depending on when you bought it..

Comment

I had it for a few years... but never opened it until this week lol

Comment

still cant get my hello world flow working.. so I posted the war with the source here on dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mojqctfqk...oWorldFlow.war

Please let me know if you can help

Comment

Hey Marten,

I got my helloworld example working please look at my war and give me some times. but can you PLEASEEEEEE help me make one chage.. I want the hellow world page1 to ask for you name and it to be displayed on page2... PLEEASSEEEEE....... here is my new war

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mojqctfqk...oWorldFlow.war

Comment

Working...
                      X