Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing flow (scoped variable) state in memory

Hello Spring community,

I need to manipulate a large object tree in a flow/wizard. It's a system management webapp and this particular flow is constrained to single user only. With flow serialized on every transition, and if I understand well also into the session, this flow/wizard is painfully slow.

Maybe enabling state compression would help a bit, but I couldn't find a way to enable it.

Is there a way to avoid serialization of given flow scoped variable and just have variable stored in memory but still in flow scope?

If there is no such support bundled, what would be recommended way to approach enhancing Spring Webflow to enable this feature for a flow, build custom FlowExecutionRepository, custom FlowExecutionListener suffice, or something else?

Kind regards,
    Stevo Slavić.

Is there a way to avoid serialization of given flow scoped variable and just have variable stored in memory but still in flow scope?
    I think not, if my memory doesnt fail me, an object must implement "serializable" to be persisted within the "flow" session control

How big is your object?

Comment

It's a result of reading in ~100MB of text files.

Comment

Working...
      X