X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 web applications interacting

I have 2 web applications developed using Spring V3 deployed on 1 tomcat server - how do I send data from one web application to the other one to process?

hi rrr, depends on the type of data you want to send. if you want to send string, append it with your url as name-value pair.

in your second app, inside controller(after you have handled the request from app1) you can simply call request.getParameter("key");
    Hope it works. Please let me know. cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by qazjvm View Post
      hi rrr, depends on the type of data you want to send. if you want to send string, append it with your url as name-value pair.

in your second app, inside controller(after you have handled the request from app1) you can simply call request.getParameter("key");
      Hope it works. Please let me know. cheers.

Thanks for your reply - I took the approach of making a rest call - I want to use the RestTemplate but am unable to get it working - would u have any good example to help guide me with this - I want to send a String to the other web app but got errors with conversions not supported - what are the steps I have to take to instantiate the restTemplate in the applicationContext.xml file?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X