Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Workaround for JIRA 727 - history=invalidate and the back button Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workaround for JIRA 727 - history=invalidate and the back button

Hi Everyone,

This post describes my problem perfectly:

http://forum.springsource.org/showth...ption-catching

To summarize:

I am working on a project where we want to invalidate the history using 'history=invalidate' on a transition, and when the user tries to go back to a page that has been invalidated... handle it gracefully such as:

- Give them a friendly page that tells them the page has expired and a link to go to their most recent successful page
    - Automatically redirect to their most recent successful page

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SWF-727

As you can see, others have had this problem and it is fixed in webflow 3.0.0.M3 but I am on 2.3. Is there currently a workaround for this issue? I've been on it for about 13 hours :-(.

Thanks for your help.

Cory

I have been working with this issue literally for the past 2 days. Am seeing that the best work around is to invalidate the history for some transitions (particularly where you cannot afford to have the user clicking on back in the browser) and catching the FlowRestorationException smoothly at a custom repository by re rendering the latest valid view state for which we have a snapshot existing in the repository - This work around seems to work if you need a quick fix that stably works.

However, if I had more time, I would have really looked into using properly scoped variables within the flow to maintain proper states of objects while navigating through the flow...

any other thoughts?

Important: Again the workaround here - might be challenging to make the subflows functional. but a proper and careful invalidation of just the most required transitions and testing the subflows seems to be the best of all what I have seen
    Last edited by priyavenkat; Jan 31st, 2012, 01:40 PM. Reason: add a pointer on sub flows

Comment

Working...
    X