X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow Execution Redirection in SWF 2.x

I've seen several references for the capability to do a flow execution redirect in SWF 1.x via a view definition like the following:

Code:
    <view-state id="showView" view="redirect:logicalViewName" />
    It's my understanding that this would issue a 302 redirect to the URL where the logical view is located while preserving flow state, which is the behavior I would like. Is there a way to do this in SWF 2.x? ExternalRedirect appears not to be an option since it seems suitable only for flow end states; additionally, it seems not to support redirecting to view by logical name.

Thanks,
    Marvin

When you use InternalResourceViewResolver you do still in Web Flow 2 prepend "redirect:" to the logical view name. Is it working for you now?

Comment

Originally posted by MiB View Post
      you do still in Web Flow 2 prepend "redirect:" to the logical view name
      Did not work for me. The behavior I observed is that for a logical view named "loginView", the following would issue a 302 redirect to /context-name/loginView:

Code:
      <view-state id="showView" view="redirect:loginView" />
      In my case loginView mapped to /login, and I wanted instead a redirect to /context-name/login.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure I follow you completely here, but I believe the paths are relative and they should start with "/" if the view is outside the context, like "/path-to-logical-place-of-view/loginView".

Comment

Working...
        X