X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest Uris with swf

Hello, I have two questions regarding rest urls for flow.

First I look up for uri templates and didn't find a (easy) way to do it.
    Then I thought of using query parameters instead of a uri template but they seem to get lost when flows start, eventhough I can read them on flow start I would like them to be present on the redirected url.

So the questions are:

1) Is it possible to use a uri template for web flow urls, such as order/1/edit? (As I said, I searched a little and I think it is not)

2) Is correct for the DefaultFlowUrlHandler to not use the query parameters on redirecting when new flows are started (createFlowExecutionUrl(...) implementation),
    such as in .../order?edit=1 being redirected to order?execution=eXsY. I know the execution param is needed, but should the original parameters be removed?

Thank in advance.

Hi there,

Just wondering why you would want RESTful URLs for your flowExecutionURLs? It doesn't seem a good fit to me...

Paul

Comment

Maybe it's not a good fit as you say.

For example,
      I would like to have a url for listing books (html) such as .../book/list;
      and from there I would like to be able to edit a particular book (html) in a url such as /book/{id}/edit or .../book?edit_id={id}.
      And in the server maybe I would have some controller to POST the edited data of the html pages.
      From the flow perpective, that would require to lunch a subflow in a transition to navigate to the edition page passing the correct identifier of the book. From what I have read, it seems that you can't have the parameters passed in the url of the flow as I intend.

In conclusion, as you say Paul, it seems that the server-centric state saving of web flow and the REST-style URLs don't seem to fit together, at least for the current version of web flow.
      Thanks for the answer!!

Comment

Hi!
        May be you can use Flow Handlers for this.
        Code:
        import org.springframework.webflow.core.collection.LocalAttributeMap;
        import org.springframework.webflow.core.collection.MutableAttributeMap;
        import org.springframework.webflow.mvc.servlet.AbstractFlowHandler;

public class UpdateProductFlowHandler extends AbstractFlowHandler {

@Override
        	public String getFlowId() {
        		/*
        		 * Returns the id of the flow handled by this handler.
        		 */
        		return "updateProduct";
        	}

@Override
        	public MutableAttributeMap createExecutionInputMap(HttpServletRequest request) {
        		LocalAttributeMap attributeMap = new LocalAttributeMap();
        		/*
        		 * Parse request attributes here and add them to attributeMap.
        		 */
        		return attributeMap;
        	}

}
        and in springDispatcher-servlet.xml:
        Code:
        <bean name="updateProduct" class="your.package.UpdateProductFlowHandler" />

<bean class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">
        	<property name="mappings">
        		<map>
        			<entry key="/product/*/edit.do" value-ref="updateProduct" />
        		</map>
        	</property>
        </bean>
        Last edited by presence; Sep 27th, 2011, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Yes that looks like it could work, but I think when starting the flow, a redirect will be send to the browser, and the url will change
          from .../producto/4/edit.do
          to .../updateProduct.
          But I didn't tried really, I will see if I can make some time to investigate that solution.
          For now the resolution we are taking on this matter is: not use those types of urls and instead use simple urls such as .../product/list (to list all products and make searches) and .../product to edit, view or create new products.

Thanks for the data, will try it latter.
          Great community support!!!

Comment

Working...
          X