X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSF vs APACHE tiles

Hey guys, I'm about to develop the view side of a web site and I'm wondering which technology use. I already developed a working test with JSF2 and primefaces. In this test I used CSS and javascript, though I'm not pretty sure if Ajax can work as well.
    Testing roo, instead, I noticed that the developers chose Apache tiles platform, therefore right now I'm confused. What is it better?

In this test I used CSS and javascript, though I'm not pretty sure if Ajax can work as well.
    JSF2 can work with Ajax

I noticed that the developers chose Apache tiles platform, therefore right now I'm confused. What is it better?
    With the best intentions, do you know why the people use Tiles 2?

Spring MVC work fine with Tiles 2, I assume JSF2 would do the same, at least it has an own mechanism and is not necessary Tiles

If your question is more related with JSF2 + Tiles, it is not the correct forum

Comment

Many thanks dr_pompeii, at the end I chose JSP with tiles, the reason? Is away more stable, firmly integrated with MVC, as you said ,and the solution comes with less constrains than JSF.

Comment

Many thanks dr_pompeii
        You're welcome

at the end I chose JSP with tiles, the reason? Is away more stable, firmly integrated with MVC, as you said ,and the solution comes with less constrains than JSF.
        Good decision

JSF 2.0 is interesting too, I am reading a book about that, is always wise know many options

Best Regards

Comment

Great , just what I was looking for , an answer to this question which I had in mind couple of days.

My bet was Tiles+Spring MVC Intergrate also , I just needed to get here , now I have peace.

Now new question comes , I have some basic good examples like this , but how to play with it/ Intergrate with Spring with more complex scenario , any good examples? navigation rules? and is jQuery is major player when start any MVC site/application?

Comment

Originally posted by Zakos View Post
            how to play with it/ Intergrate with Spring with more complex scenario , any good examples?
            It's damn difficult to find advanced examples/tutorials on Apache Tiles, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoomzaaskz View Post
              It's damn difficult to find advanced examples/tutorials on Apache Tiles, unfortunately.
              wow this is old , got email alert , when I'v looked into it back then I found kinda some good exmaples , dont have

them anymore ,well.. google it

I'm more now into ASP MVC 4.5 ( C# ) - very easy , very powerful ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MOJho5TDs

sorry spring .

Comment

Working...
              X