X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does Spring Put Into HttpSession

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of what, when and where spring modifies the HttpSession when using flows?

My main landing page has a HttpSession that has a larger memory footprint than I'd like and it seems to be because of Spring.

I'm thinking to re-work some pages and flows to use Controllers rather than spring on the landing page (login page)... then once a user is authenticated hand things over to the flows.

If there is a better way to limit the memory foot print rather that reworking the entire login flow that would be idea.

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by avalanche333; Jun 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM.

So what i have gathered is that Spring Web Flows basically add data to manage the flow state...
    Now my question is... is there a way to minimize the memory footprint of Spring Web Flows?
    Using Spring Web Flows the HttpSession is about 50KB.. without (ie just Controllers) I get get it down to about 100 bytes.
    Can anyone please provide insight on if it is possible to get free up some of this memory consumption?

This would only be for some parts of the web site (ie landing page/login page and a couple of flows off that page). I really don't even need to use spring flows on this page but it would be significant rework to remove all the flows in place of Controllers.

One other thing I should mention... I'm using Spring Web Flows 2.5
    Last edited by avalanche333; Jun 14th, 2011, 10:07 PM. Reason: Added extra details

Comment

Looks like moving to controllers for landing page is the solution. Once user is authenticated I can use Spring Flows moving forward.

Comment

Working...
      X