Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neatest way to avoid reselecting data

Hi

This is a really common problem for us and we've solved it various ways over the years, now I'm wondering if the best web flow way is different to the ways I've been trying since starting webflow.

Lets say a view state identifies a person, and a later view might change that person's details, perhaps even including identifiers, how do you avoid selecting that same person's details from the database when going back in the flow to the view where the person was selected?

Hmmm, I thought this would be a really common problem for everyone, makes me think there's something simple in webflow that deals with this or nobody else cares about more trips to the db or whatever repo over a potentially slow connection.

We've done some things like setting a boolean in the domain object to indicate it was selected, or actions that check if the var is null and if not, goes to another action which does the find and then has to transition to the state that actually needs the variable.
    These things make me feel dirty, what is the correct way within this framework?
    Last edited by Taariq; Jun 3rd, 2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X